Howabout a…Pet Holiday Swap?

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps Howabout a…Pet Holiday Swap?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hey all..So I saw the holiday swap..and everytime it has occured to me..Has anyone ever hosted a Pet Holiday Swap? Ya know, like little bits of stuff, like treats, and toys and what not..They are family too right?

Then I was also thinking, well if there was one, there could be some things to think about. Like people, some pets have allergies, some pets hate, say buiscet treats..blah blah..”my dog should never get near “this”, or absolutly loves – “this”..”

So what do you all thinks, I know there is alot of stuff goin on, and I meyself wouldn’t join as icouldn’t afford it right now with the unexpected medical bills, although I would gladly orginize and host it. Would any of you be interested. i mean I suppose even those with out pet, if they wanted could choose a pet or two to send a goodie to.

Here are some ideas. We could do a classic swap like, or it could even be where Everyone who wants can say get 2-3 pet names and get like one thing for them, like say a catnip toy for sophie, a rawhide bone for scamp and a certain special can of food for ralph who is older, and cant have..uh..say corn..just some ideas, like a secret santa for pets?

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
    www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
    Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Falcolf
    Participant

I think this is a great idea! 😀

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Kim
      Blocked

I think it’s a good idea. The only thing is that pet toys and snacks can be cheap but not necessarily small so even doing a small box full of stuff would cost several dollars or more to ship (I am thinking because I am in Canada I can’t ship anything to the U.S. for less than about $$8-10) and I am just not sure if it would be worth it if shipping was more money than what the treats could be worth. And if people did bigger toys or things shipping would be even more so although I think my cats would like it, it’s probably just easier for me to go pick them up a bag of cat balls or mice toys for $3-$5 at the store.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Well, some things are for some people and not for others. Hey if I can at least 5 People to enter, I’ll host it. If your interested PM me.

If we do this as the second Idea i had, then you don’t necessarily have to have a pet to give a gift. For a sort, I’ll have a list of pets, and maybe any allergies they may, have things they like etc. If we do the swap you can tell me how many pets you’ll pledge a single item for,and when I am all set, I can send out the names..blah.blah..

What would you rather? Somethin like a classic swap or the other idea secret santa?

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
        www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
        Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

darjeb
        Participant

I think it is a great idea in fact the last couple of Secret Santa exchanges (I always participate) have thought about my Furbaby and sent him something which I thought was very nice of them and I really appreciated it

Tara
          Participant

I think it’s a cool idea even though I wouldn’t join in. My cats are getting old and don’t play much anymore

I think it’s a good idea. The only thing is that pet toys and snacks can be cheap but not necessarily small so even doing a small box full of stuff would cost several dollars or more to ship (I am thinking because I am in Canada I can’t ship anything to the U.S. for less than about $$8-10) and I am just not sure if it would be worth it if shipping was more money than what the treats could be worth. And if people did bigger toys or things shipping would be even more so although I think my cats would like it, it’s probably just easier for me to go pick them up a bag of cat balls or mice toys for $3-$5 at the store.

Unfortunately you can’t really ship much within in Canada for less that $8-10 either(unless you can send it letter mail). Shipping to the US there’s a small packet rate that makes shipping small parcels to the US cost not much different than shipping it within Canada.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.