fbpx

how would you feel about this?

Home Forums Miscellany Community how would you feel about this?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Okay …time to put yourself in my shoes.
    How would you feel about this…

You spend 2,000 on a trip to Bermuda on a gay cruise. That you saved up for years to be able to go.

AFTER the final payment that everyone pays, they announce that there “might” be and has been some “talk” of a protest on the island. Sooo instead of going to Bermuda, they are now going to Port Canveral *spelling?* and Key West.

At first you think…OOO Disney! Until you find out that the you can’t get off the boat until 11 and its a bit more than an hour to the park, then you have to be back on the boat at 5 so you must leave the park before 4…giving you about 4 hours or less in the park, that cost 150 bucks a person to go to.

And Key West is very nice, but they do not have the same glassbottom boat tour that you really wanted to do in Bermuda, nor do they have dolphin encounter, nor are they very exotic since its right here in the USA and you can drive there?

Now imagine you get to the main cruise website and note that there is a 200 dollar PER person difference in price between Bermuda and the cheaper Florida cruise.

NOW You find out you will not get any kind of refund or on board credit. And for those who wanted to try and back out altogeather, they loose 75% of the ticket price.

But they keep saying over and over how they turned one days port into two and isn’t that wonderful?

Now…keep in mind that this is the Rosie Oโ€™Donnell cruise.

How would you feel?

Purplecat
    Participant

ticked off. Wishing I had firebreathing dragon abilities. Sick your windstones on’m whippet! ๐Ÿ˜ก

siberakh1
      Participant

I’d be extremely pissed off ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

I know they can’t avoid unrest, but they could have maybe changed the date, or offered refunds to those who didn’t want to go to those ports. People tend to chose cruises based off of where, not just the point that it’s a cruise.

I’m sorry Whippet ๐Ÿ™ At least you will have your gal with you on vacation ๐Ÿ˜•

That’s awful. I would be so upset.

I would be so angry I would be breathing fire. Plus, is that even legal? You bought one cruise and they substituted another which is NOT a comparable value. Do you have any friends who are lawyers that you can ask? Maybe if you threaten legal action they will refund your money. Or give you a massive discount.

I vote we sic Nirvanacat on them!

That is so not fair.

I guess it depends on whether you still want to go on the the cruise given the current circumstances.

If not, I’d try to get back whatever money that I could. It sounds like what they’re doing is illegal — basically you’re not getting what you paid for. So if you wanted to go to the trouble of suing them in small claims court, you’d probably win. And if any part of what you paid is still within the credit dispute time limit, you could file a dispute and get that amount back.

So if you don’t want to do on the cruise, threaten them with a lawsuit. That’ll probably change their tune about their “no refund” policy.

Laurie
        Participant

They should let you back out since its not the cruise you wanted/paid for.

is there any small print saying they can make substitutions without repercussions?

gryphondreamer wrote:

is there any small print saying they can make substitutions without repercussions?

Well I really don’t know, because even though we paid 7 months ago, the contracts and paperwork have yet to arrive. We keep getting told it will come soon.

And the thing is this is not a cheap “you won a trip” kind of cruise. This is the Rosie O’Donnell chartered cruise. And I really hate to be a jerk to her since she does great work for people….

And I do want to still go, I just want some compensation for the substitution. But when I asked. I got this responce…

“Hi Tara,
          I did send out an email in addition to posting it on our website and our forums. I apologize if you did not receive the information directly.
          It is unfortunate that we are not going to Bermuda. We felt that we could not guarantee an incident free visit. We did not want a repeat of Nassau from 2004.
          We replaced one day in Bermuda with two additional ports.
          In Orlando, there are options to visit the various theme parks. Please visit ncl.com and click on shore excursions to see the long list of options. Key West is a fantastic port and one of the most gay friendly destinations.
          I know that this will be an incredible vacation for our guests. We have an amazing week planned. Thank you for understanding our need to keep this vacation safe and enjoyable for our guests. I look forward to seeing you “on the boat”.
          Thanks,

Gregg Kaminsky
          Founding Partner
          R Family Vacations
          **took out phone numbers** (fax)”

so they just pushed me aside…no real answer there.

Laurie
          Participant

I would call and raise hell. That email does seem to just push you off.

Lokie
            Participant

I’d be really upset. Not only because of the change in port, but also that is questionable business practice to not even offer a refund or onboard credit for the difference between the cruises. I would think, with Rosie O’Donnell’s name attached, that it would cause bad press to not provide a refund.

Sorry, Whippeluv.

You should definitely call, it’s much harder for them to brush you off on the phone. If you can talk to someone in person, even better. You should definitely be given some kind of refund or compensation.

Starbreeze
              Participant

I think it stinks and if you’re not happy with it you should call them. Using a celebrity’s name does not entitle them to give you a cruise of lesser value.

The problem is…. I know these people. I got married on this same cruise *to a different place* two years ago. It would be like calling Melody and bitching her out for scamming you. She and the whole small crew are like friends. I have met all of them and whatnot, I would feel like an jerk to call and get so upset.
                ….
                ๐Ÿ™„ I am such a puss when it comes to this kind of stuff

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.