fbpx

How would I sell my retired Windstone pieces (from mid-80’s) ?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone How would I sell my retired Windstone pieces (from mid-80’s) ?

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    John
    Participant

I have 2 pieces that I’ve enjoyed over the years but I am drastically downsizing and need to find a home for them. I have never sold on ebay before, is there another place that I could put these up for sale? Craigslist is good for the furniture that I’m getting rid of, but trying to sell these Windstone pieces probably wouldn’t be very successful. I did notice that, on this site, there is a forum for pricing these items. I have a large Merlin and a winged lion, both in excellent condition. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

StormDancer
      Participant

You could list them in the classifieds here. There is a classified section in the drop down menu at the top of the page.

Looking for:
        "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

pipsxlch
        Participant

Hi John, I’ve bought many Windstones off of Craigslist, so if you really don’t want to ship, it’s an option. You probably won’t get as much per piece- people responding there might be those looking to resell, as I sometimes do- but it will save the trouble of packing and shipping.

If you decide to sell online, PLEASE check out one of the Windstone packing tutorials! These guys are very prone to damage and breakage in shipping. If you can’t find a tutorial, I or most other people here would be happy to walk you through it. But basically, you need to double box them, and use lots of bubble wrap and packing peanuts.

If you do sell online, you can list them for free in the Classifieds here. Ebay would probably net you the best price, but they do charge a sales fee based on the final total. Your safest bet would be to use PayPal for the money.

The wizard has been popping up a fair bit lately on eBay, but the Flion is a more unusual and desirable piece. I would’nt be surprised if you get a PM offer here for him.

GardenNinja
          Participant

John, here is a copy of the detailed Windstone packing tutorial that used to be on eBay (A few years back, eBay deleted all the tutorials people had posted). Unfortunately, the pictures are missing from the copy, but it is still very helpful.
            http://fancy–dress-costume.blogspot.com/2011/09/safely-packaging-windstone-editions-for.html

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

John
            Participant

Thank you all so much for your help. I’m busy packing and doing other prep-for-moving stuff but as soon as I can get some time to concentrate on this, I will. It’s great to have some direction! Thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.