fbpx

How to clean a windstone?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone How to clean a windstone?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi. I am new here. This is my first post, so please be gental. πŸ™‚

I recently bought two pieces that came from smokey homes. how do you clean them off in order to get rid of the smell?

any help would be greatly appreciated.
    thank you

Skigod377
    Participant

gryphondreamer wrote:

Hi. I am new here. This is my first post, so please be gental. πŸ™‚

I recently bought two pieces that came from smokey homes. how do you clean them off in order to get rid of the smell?

any help would be greatly appreciated.
      thank you Hey, welcome to the forum. we have discussed various ways to get the smoke smell off, but its VERY difficult. I have used Febreeze with a bit of sucess, but not much. Time will help, and I have not tried this, but you may want to burn inscence by it. It will smell like inscence, but that is better than smoke. A few of mine smell like inscence and I kinda like it.

Soack them in warm soapy water and let them dry naturally (Make Sure the felt base drys though) πŸ˜€

I would be careful of this one but, you could try a baking soda and water paste. I’ve never tried it myself but, I’ve heard that it works. (I don’t know if it would take off the paint though.)

Anyways welcome to the forum.

Jennifer
      Keymaster

Baking soda is abrasive so be very careful if you ever try using it. I don’t think I would recommend it.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

Thank you all for the suggestions. i have sprayed them with fabreeze and wiped them down with a wet cloth. the cat lost some paint in the process. πŸ™ and there is still a faint odor.

i would try the incense, but i get migranes from them. so i will try the time one. i think the baking powder would do more damage, unless i just put a box next to it. πŸ™‚

I am forever burning inscence. I also burn alot of candles. So everything I have I am sure smells a bit like inscence. πŸ™
        Dave is more into the inscence than I am, but then again…he’s older! πŸ˜‰

Welcome to the forum. Also remember if you buy other Windstones then don’t put them by the smoke smelling ones in a closed area. If I remember correctly the smell will latch on to the new one.

Skigod377
        Participant

Oh. Im sorry. Guess I should have asked. The older ones lose paint really easily.

SPark
          Participant

Fabreeze, despite what it claims, does not actually remove odors, it just covers them up.

I wish I had the Fabreeze option; while it was just a dumb scare that the stuff is bad for cats and dogs, it still is VERY harmful for birds, and I am a very happy birdowner, thankyoueverymuch. Most stuff that puts chemicals in the air is bad for bird’s delicate lungs.

Sorry for the rant, I’m just a very unhappy Windstone lover because if I ever want to buy another Windstone offa eBay I’d have to make doubly sure that it’s from a smoke-free home since I don’t really have many good options to de-smoke-ify it. D:

EDIT: I need to read things more carefully. Or not post at midnight. It seems there ARE better options. I’m a dummy. nevermind.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.