fbpx

How Popular Is Your Name?

Home Forums Miscellany Community How Popular Is Your Name?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

Skylover wrote:

My name, Jennifer, was #1 when I was born in 1982 and is now #109. I’ve always thought there were a lot of people named Jennifer in my generation. Back when I worked at Wal-Mart, there were four other Jennifer’s there around my age working in the same store…

Same! ’82 kid here too.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

Leigha
      Participant

“Leigha is not in the top 1000 names for any year of birth in the last 100 years.
        Please enter another name.”

hahaha no surprise there πŸ™‚

The most popular name in my birth year, 1986, was Jessica

GO MOM ! lol

Allison
        Participant

My name (Allison) was ranked 42 the year I Was born, and has since hovered between 50 and 40 up until very recently when it shot up into the 30’s πŸ˜›

I like that my name is neither too popular nor too weird. I know one or two other Allisons, but it’s not like how there are about 50 Amandas that I know or about 100 Brittanys XD

Amanda
          Participant

Another Amanda here. My name was #3 when I was born in 1983, and is #166 today. πŸ˜›

Azurielle
            Participant

In 1979 Lisa was #12 in popularity. Last year it was #686!

Keeper of the Fledgings

in 1983, “Jessie” was #482. Eh, whatever. I’ve never cared for my name all that much.

but… i can’t BELIEVE that being such a “creative” type, that i would name my first born girl the #1 name. πŸ™„ πŸ™„ πŸ™„ and NO, it had NOTHING to do with twilight. seriously, when we were discussing it, it was only #8 or so and didnt quite figure it was going to be soooooo popular the next year. oh well… the NEXT one is going to certainly be unique… :yes: 😈 πŸ˜†

siberakh1
              Participant

My name, Brianne, is pretty unpopular and still fairly rare (and usually people pronounce it wrong too – it’s just Bree – Ann). It was actually almost unheard of when I was born. Most of the people I know have similar names, usually spelled differently, and they are all younger than me (and I’m not all that old – 1980 baby). I was named after an actress actually (Brianne Leary from the TV cops show, “CHiPS”). My twin has a much more popular name though (Brian), but I was named first. πŸ˜›

Skylover
                Participant

WindstoneCollector wrote:

My name Jennifer was #1 the year I was born…1973. And I guess it’s #109 now. πŸ˜† I knew it was popular back then, as I never made it through a class in school without at least one other Jen, Jenny, or Jennifer in it…We always had to pick which one we were gonna go by, I always got stuck with Jenny…Maybe that is why I hate that one shortened version of my name over all others. πŸ™„

I’ve been called by Jen, Jenny, and Jennifer, and none of those really bother me. However, then my wonderful younger brother decided to start calling me “Nifer” which really, really bugs me. He knows it too, so he puts it on the cards and gifts he gives to me.

Skylover wrote:

My name Jennifer was #1 the year I was born…1973. And I guess it’s #109 now. πŸ˜† I knew it was popular back then, as I never made it through a class in school without at least one other Jen, Jenny, or Jennifer in it…We always had to pick which one we were gonna go by, I always got stuck with Jenny…Maybe that is why I hate that one shortened version of my name over all others. πŸ™„

I’ve been called by Jen, Jenny, and Jennifer, and none of those really bother me. However, then my wonderful younger brother decided to start calling me “Nifer” which really, really bugs me. He knows it too, so he puts it on the cards and gifts he gives to me.
                  My folks a few choice people call me Jenny, but not many. Mostly relatives. Otherwise, it’s just Jen. LOL But OMG!!! ON the Niffer part! I got called “Iffer” for a while from my first boyfriend’s grampa for 2 years. Even years after we broke up the old man called me Iffer. πŸ˜† I hated it then, but it doesn’t bother me now, as I laugh at it. 😈 (Aren’t brothers wonderful?!? :shout: )

Skigod377
                  Participant

Leigha wrote:

“Leigha is not in the top 1000 names for any year of birth in the last 100 years.

Thats what I got for Irelyn. πŸ™‚ I would think with Star Wars your name would have risen in popularity. πŸ˜€

skigod377 wrote:

Leigha wrote:

I would think with Star Wars your name would have risen in popularity. πŸ˜€

In Star Wars it’s spelled Leia, and has been in the top 1000 six times. 911 in 1978, 922 in 1980, then dropped off the top 1000 until 2006-2009, where it was numbers 963, 945, 934, and 822. /nerding πŸ˜€

Skigod377
                    Participant

Ahh wrong spelling. Sorry. πŸ™‚ haha…’nerding’. Thats cute!

My name (Cathrine) is not in the top 1000 female names for any year of birth in the last 22 years.
                      Please enter another name.

Adding an extra “E”
                      I believe Catherine is more common in America:

Rank in 88 (my year of birth): 69

My name (Marjorie) ranked 216 the year I was born, 1959, and was down to 993 by 1994. Guess I’ll have to check and see if it’s gained any since then. It couldn’t find the name I go by. Marji Probably because of the spelling πŸ™‚ πŸ˜€

Jennifer
                      Keymaster

Skylover wrote:

‘Niffer is a term only my aunts and grandma call me as a term of endearment since the day I was born. From them I don’t mind, but anyone else.. augh!!
                        For some reason I hate being called ‘Jenny’ too. Jen, Nam, Hey you, … those all work. Not Jenny though!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                        My art: featherdust.com

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.