How many people usually participate in Raffles?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody How many people usually participate in Raffles?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Stormbreeze
    Participant

How many people tend to participate in each raffle? I’d like to know my chances of winning.

Thanks so much! ๐Ÿ™‚

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

Sirithiliel
      Participant

I don’t think that’s easily found out. Lots of us will enter one raffle but not the other, it all depends on what the prize is. So I think that the total number is extremely inconsistent, and would be hard to predict. It definitely won’t be the same each time.

I mean, for instance, I only enter raffles for dragons, male griffons, or poads. But then again, like this last raffle, I didn’t like the color even though it was a dragon so I didn’t enter.

So I’m not sure a clear answer can really be given =)

Stormbreeze
        Participant

I guess you’re right. However, Ms. Pena probably sees the number of emails that come in. Perhaps there is a certain number for most dragons… Though I understand if it would be hard to find out.

Kiya
          Participant

I think it varies. Also, some people are brand new and win raffles – some people have been active members for years and have still not won.

Quest participation for quests which have easy entry (like trivia questions) usually runs about 75-100 folks (though I’ve had up to 250ish), so I imagine raffles are higher.

Melody cross-posts raffles to Deviant art as well I believe, so that’s a whole other audience that we don’t have for quests generally.

It would probably take awhile for Melody to get history on even just the dragons and I think the answer would be, as Siri says, “it varies”. ๐Ÿ™‚

Melody
            Keymaster

How many people tend to participate in each raffle? I’d like to know my chances of winning.

Thanks so much! ๐Ÿ™‚

It really depends on how popular the prize is, and how early I post a pic! I didn’t record the numbers, but I’m guessing between 150 or so, and as few as 35.
              As raffles go, your odds are pretty good. Griffins and dragons seem to get the most entries.

Melody
              Keymaster

I think it varies. Also, some people are brand new and win raffles – some people have been active members for years and have still not won.

Quest participation for quests which have easy entry (like trivia questions) usually runs about 75-100 folks (though I’ve had up to 250ish), so I imagine raffles are higher.

Melody cross-posts raffles to Deviant art as well I believe, so that’s a whole other audience that we don’t have for quests generally.

It would probably take awhile for Melody to get history on even just the dragons and I think the answer would be, as Siri says, “it varies”. ๐Ÿ™‚

That proves that the winners are picked totally at random! I use a random number generator to pick the winner.
                I occasionally post the raffles on other sites, so sometimes we get a flood of entries. I don’t do that very often, because I don’t want gobs of people registering on this forum just to win something. I do think people on Deviantart are usually “real” and genuinely interested in stuff like this though.

Stormbreeze
                Participant

Interesting, and thanks for the reply! I’ll be sure to join the raffle at the end of the month. Hopefully it will be a dragon.

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

It’s really all luck more so then anything else. I’ve been here for geeze… what? 7 or 8 years? At least that and I haven’t ever won a raffle. LOL! However I do rememeber some people who weren’t even members for a few months who won before. So, no matter your odds, you never can tell! You just have to send your email and cross your fingers ^_^

Got a busted Windstone?
                    drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin
                    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                    Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                    Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                    Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                    Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                    Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Heather
                    Participant

It took me about 3 1/2 years to win a raffle. It is really all about luck. Getting the email from Melody that I won was so exciting and unexpected!

Kim
                      Blocked

I have tried for a year and a half and not won yet but I have seen some new people win with good luck so I suppose just keeping entering all the ones you like and hopefully eventually we will each get a chance to win something.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

rock-reader
                        Participant

It is pure luck. I joined in January 2013 and entered every month. I won in November 2013!! (YEAH!)

Sirithiliel
                          Participant

I’ve been here for three years now and haven’t won yet =P

Jasmine
                            Participant

I’ve been here for over 10 years and I finally won the raffle in December. :tired: And there were only 3 or 4 that I didn’t enter.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.