fbpx

How long…..

Home Forums Miscellany Community How long…..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

I was wondering how long you have been with Windstone Editions.Actively collecting too.
      I got my 1st Windstone in 1994.I joined the forum 15yrs.ago.My how time flies.Hardly a day in all that time went by without me coming here to my 2nd.favorite place in the world.Whether I get to buy or not,this is still the very best store in the world. My world definitely would not be the same without y’all and you are very appreciated 💞

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Pegasi1978
      Participant

I oogled Windstone in shops at the mall starting when my family moved to Alabama in October 1986. I collected the brochures before I collected figures. I got my first brochure (with a peacock emperor on it I think) from TJ Stationers (a store similar to Hallmark). The next brochure (with something emerald on it) I got the only time I’ve been to DragonCon in 1998. I joined the group on LiveJournal not long after.

I didn’t get to buy my first Windstone until sometime between 2000 and 2003. It was either a black mother unicorn or a baby pegasus. The other followed shortly. Hard to believe I can remember when my collection took less than a shelf.

I joined the forums in October 2006 (still have my registration email). I remember when they were upgraded the first time. I remember when the login for the store and the forum were separate accounts and then when things were merged so you only needed one login for both.

So many users from back then don’t post any more and I often wonder how they are doing – SPark, GreaterBasilisk (GB), Skigod, DragonMaster (DM), WhippetLuv, Snapdragon, Arlla, PurpleCat to name a few.

fatalbeauty
        Participant

wandered into Wicks and Sticks with my sisters and stared at them until I was made to move on by sisters, asked for a brochure though and did that for several years…..then I finally bought my first one in the 01-04ish area when I had a job and realized I could buy a WE with the money I was making….bought a Wizard Cat Candle Lamp but the store was closed the next time I went back…..later, I met my husband and we wandered into a Lady of the Lake store, bought a ruby mother dragon and soon after, that store closed too…..then after my wedding in 2011, I was poking around Ebay, I found a PYO kirin, bought that then went “Is WE still around?”, googled, found the site and haven’t left since…..

4 things I'm looking for:
          1. Mother Meerkat
          2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
          3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
          4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Catriona
          Participant

I don’t remember when I first found windstones . I remember it was at tinder box and they had peacock and emerald dragons and large wizards. Not sure what else. Forum. Well Not sure I had a computer last 14 years ago. First I got from the store was a spooky grimalkin. Rejoined this year after 14 years with a phone.

I love Halloween 🎃 and other spooky things. Bats, cats, ghosts , and monsters. I love 💕 to write stories and draw.

dragonmedley
            Participant

Got my first Windstone in 1991, 3 more in the following 2 or 3 years, then nothing. In 2004, that changed… got my emerald emperor and a peacock one at Green Earth (they’re closed now, I think). Windstone´s website was a page with their phone number… LiveJournal was the thing! Then the forum was born, like Pegasi described.

I am still in contact with Greater Basilisk, actually. Met her in Switzerland in 2015 😀

And Skigod did drop in at one point, but I don’t believe we’ve heard from her in quite some time.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Embrie
              Participant

I got about six pieces as a teenager around 2001 (white/emerald/peacock), and I joined the forum/started collecting again around a year and half ago.

For about 20 years, I thought I didn’t “need” any more figurines. But then I saw a few Windstones at a local store (Gargoyles Statuary in Seattle) and decided to look at the WE website and pick out maybe just one more to buy.

Then I joined the FB group and became totally obsessed! And now I have 80 Windstones and I love them all! ❤️

Looking for GBs: loaf dragon; dark red-colored sitting grey wolf; baby ki-rins; sitting ori; fantasy qi-lin #154

Megan
                Participant

Oooh, I’ve been collecting a long while. I was in 5th grade when I first saw them at Wicks n’ Sticks; the emerald dragon family, original white unicorn and pegasus families, kirins and wizards. I kept asking to go back and look at them every time we were at the mall, so one day my dad bought me the emerald mouse wizard. It was my prized possession. That year for Christmas I got the emerald hatching dragon, and the next year for my birthday I got the emerald male, and so on. Every Christmas and birthday I got a Windstone until after high school, when I had my own job and could buy them for myself. In college I was a member of the original forum back in the day and those were definitely fun times 🙂

After college I had to step away from the forums and basically quit Windstone cold turkey, because suddenly I had to pay rent and student loans and life was too expensive for pretties. Then came 2020, and mandatory work-from-home, and stimulus checks, and I rediscovered eBay right around the time of the bantam dragon Kickstarter campaign. So I did a swan dive off the wagon and became an ardent collector once more!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.