fbpx

How do you clean your Windstone?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone How do you clean your Windstone?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Kasie
    Participant

I don’t know if there is a specific way of cleaning these guys/gals if you wish, so I thought I would find out how you all clean your Windstones. What do you use on them?

Kasie
      Participant

Andrea
        Participant

I just use a 2″ soft paint brush, semi stiff. It works as a great duster for all the nooks and crannies!

I use water and a q-tip for the tight spots, and paper towel for the rest. And they get a swiffer once a week or so.

Same as Phoenix, with the paintbrush. But if there’s dust now coming off by that, I use a damp paper towel and a damp Q-tip for nooks.

Kasie
          Participant

Thats what I use is water and a q-tip especially on the whites. I like the idea of the 2″ semi-soft brush.

Andrea
            Participant

Yeah, if you do it somewhat regularly, the dust doesn’t have time to collect moisture and you shouldn’t need water.
              Even water will dull the paint over time. A long long time, but these things were meant to last!

Since I abhor dusting and mine are covered with dust usually a couple of times a year I’ll get a can of spray air to clean them with or if they’re really bad I will carefully rinse them in the sink (watching out for the felt pad) I would not recommend the latter- it would be heartbreaking to break something.

Kasie
              Participant

Do you guys have problems with paint chips or just chips?

I dust mine with a dampish paper towel or a brush. But I have to do it quite often since I have a cockatoo in the same room. Mr. Dusty I call him! ha! Poor Cookie!!! No respect

I use a can of air. I never thought to dust them before comming here. 😆

Jennifer
                Keymaster

The recommended method is to use a can of air (like what you find in office supply stores) and blow off as much dust as possible, then brush the remaining dust out with a soft paintbrush. 🙂

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                  My art: featherdust.com

I use a med-soft bristle brush and a damp cloth if they are real bad, but I love the swiffers, they are a big help for a once a week dust when you have alot of sculpts to dust. Twice a year they get the wash down with the damp cloth. 8)

Bob

I know EVERYONE is going to shoot daggers at me!! It sounds HORRIBLE but when I got my glass display cases a little over a year ago I had 3 color dragon famlies that where covered in dust. I squirted Windex on a papertowel and wiped them off. I then followed that with a dry papertowel to get the extra Windex. I then learned that you are not supposed to us chemicals. They came out as good as new and the Windex pulled the dirt together. They are all behind glass now so I no longer have to worry about that. I started with the Peacock since I knew I could replace them if it hurt the paint and I would not do anymore that way if the paint got damaged. The old dusty ones came out looking better then new

Lokie
                    Participant

I use a clean microfiber cloth to rub it down and a really old, soft watercolor paintbrush to get into the tight, small areas.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.