fbpx

How do I block a forum member's PMs?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone How do I block a forum member's PMs?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Syn
    Participant

I told a forum member she could block PMs from another member, but now I cannot find out how to do it. Someone asked this question last summer when the updating was taking place, and I found that through the SEARCH feature. Jennifer said at that time that the blocking feature was available in the “old” forum but not yet available in the “new” forum. Does anyone know how or if it can be done yet?

Wampus Dragon
      Participant

I havent figured out how to do it yet either. I’m not sure that it’s even an option yet. In the old forum you used to be able to block out someone entirely, posts and all.

Syn
        Participant

I didn’t know you could block the posts too; I thought it was only the PMs.

Hopefully Jennifer, Pam, or John (or Clay) will give us an official update. Apparently the blocking feature does need to be reinstated. If it is not already in the works, it needs to be added to the “to do” list.

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

There was a “friend and foe” feature that made it so you would “ignore” posts by just not showing that particular persons posts. It was on the “old” forum I think though

Got a busted Windstone?
            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
            Tattoo Mother Kirin
            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Jennifer
            Keymaster

How the forum works now (vs. before) is that now it’s a bunch of modules cobbled together to make a forum like appearance. Currently– as far as I know– there is no way to block someone’s PMs. I don’t know if there is a module for it or not. Probably your best bet is to suggest it to Susie?? Or Pam?? So that they can pass it on to whomever is our forum tech person right now (I don’t know who it is myself).

Good luck!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
              My art: featherdust.com

Syn
              Participant

Oh, poor Susie gets hit with everything first. I would like to know who the “tech” person is too; I am still waiting for the anonymous log in to come back and would like to know its status. Thanks for the info, Jennifer.

Clay
                Keymaster

You can now block PMs from specific users. When viewing a PM you will see a “block author” button. Enjoy.

Hannah
                  Participant

Thank you Clay!!!! You’re the best!!

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                    Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.