fbpx

Hot Chocolate…

Home Forums Miscellany Food Hot Chocolate…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    twindragonsmum
    Participant

I had this in Paris at the Grand Hotel about a billion years ago… This is hot chocolate, not hot cocoa and it’s great for warming up! Enjoy!

1 cup heavy cream
      8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped fine

Heat the cream. Off the heat, blend in the chocolate. Use warm. Sweeten to taste. This can be added to hot milk or sipped straight as it is. Will store in the ‘fridge for up to 10 days.

A variation of hot chocolate is from a family friend:

Melt 2 1/2 squares baking chocolate. Add a half cup water, 3/4 cup sugar and a dash of salt. Bring to a boil and cook for 4 minutes stirring constantly. Remove from heat and let cool. Whip a 1/2 cup heavy cream and sweeten to taste. Heat 6 cups milk. Mix the milk with the chocolate and fold in whipped cream or top each serving with whipped cream.

These are both really, really good!

twindragonsmum 🙂

tdm

dragonmedley
      Participant

Also, for option one (won’t work with the other variation), you can wait for the whole thing to cool down completely (fridge works too) and whip it – et voilà, you have a delicious and very rich chocolate mousse.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

twindragonsmum
        Participant

Ooo! Great idea!!! Thanks medley :bigsmile:

twindragonsmum :bigsmile:

tdm

This sounds yummy. I add a touch of nutmeg and cinnamon to hot chocolate while heating on stove and my kids go nuts for it.

Riversgrace
          Participant

I’m on a diet…but boy when I come off of it…that is one of the first things I am trying! 🙂

twindragonsmum
            Participant

This sounds yummy. I add a touch of nutmeg and cinnamon to hot chocolate while heating on stove and my kids go nuts for it.

I’ll have to try that – thanks for the suggestion!

twindragonsmum 🙂

tdm

Carolyn
              Participant

I love hot chocolate . Any chocolate ! but not so called White chocolate . It has no coco in it so it’s not really chocolate and it tastes bad at least to me .

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.