"Hooded" Eyes

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone "Hooded" Eyes

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

A friend asked about what I meant by hooded.Here is a good example for you.

Point-Blur_Jun192019_071739

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

sherry10151982
      Participant

Some forum members say it gives the dragon a meaner look? I think it looks better. The older ones had the hood right?

Melody
        Keymaster

Before we started casting the “masters” in bullet-proof epoxy resin, the masters were made of gypsum. The eyebrows on the male dragon master would often break off when a new mold was made, so I would need to replace the eyebrows each time with hard wax. Every mold that was made during this time would have different eyebrows! If you compare the squinty-ness and scale pattern of the eyebrows on these older male dragons you can see that there is a variety. One mold was super squinty.

Bodine
          Participant

Yep,I had gotten one of those from ebay awhile back and sent it to my dearest friend in Texas.She loves the eyes too.Talk about looking like you had better start running very,very fast….

pipsxlch
            Participant

My male is a squinty also. I have a picture somewhere taken for a thread years ago; if I can find it I’ll post it.
              Maybe it’s because he’s what I’m used to, but I prefer the squint also.
              Sherry, my dragon was purchased in the summer of 86, so he is an older one.

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

I like how they both have completely different blue and teal accent detailing

Got a busted Windstone?
                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Bodine
                Participant

Me too.Ms.Melody had mentioned a few years back that she belived the one on the left was one her Mother had helped paint.I have had 5 browns altogether through the years and he is the only one with different markings.

Bodine
                  Participant

Here are 3 I have now.Each one the eyes and markings differ.
                    Curious,are there many peacocks like this?

Point-Blur_Jun232019_065921

LZ
                    Participant

I have one that I was told was made from an older mold, the one of the right, because it has a lot of ridges in the large chest plates and various other scales elsewhere, and that the old ones have bigger ridges, but I don’t think this one does. The eye scales do have a lot more “wrinkles” and dents to them under the paint. Maybe this one survived better when being unmolded and didn’t need much help around the eyes.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

pipsxlch
                      Participant

my computer is wonky and has eaten ALL my old pictures my daughter’s kindergarten and everything grr! I can’t find the old pictures except on Photobucket and I’m not sure how to post from there now. The pictures seem to reduce the appearance some, but his non-display side eye is very squinty. His display side is some when you compare him to newer dragons, but not so much.Here are a couple I just snapped, sorry he’s dusty until I get his new home set up. Wow I’ve owned this dragon 33 years now… I’m old.

IMG_1976-Copy

IMG_1977-Copy

sherry10151982
                        Participant

Bodine and pip thanks for the pictures to help me see what it looks like!! Bodine, all three look so different!!! The last one on the right is super squinty and looks so good and beautiful!! He looks the meanest. I love how they all are different!!

Bodine
                          Participant

We are not old,we are refined like good wine and as wise as any ole owl🤩
                            You’re welcome Sherry.One on right is Romulus,left is Remus,no name for #3 yet.

sherry10151982
                            Participant

Those are glorious names! And excuse the “old” reference; I must behold the wisdom and fierceness of the beholden!

Melody
                              Keymaster

I don’t know! Has anyone got a squinty peacock dragon?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.