Home made ice cream!

Home Forums Miscellany Food Home made ice cream!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    KaytanaPhoenix
    Participant

I just recent acquired an ice cream maker 🙂 (My dad started it, he got one and I decided I wanted one too! lol) I have one recipe that I love to use in it, but I was wonderin if anyone else uses one/knows of a nice fruity recipe for it??

I’m about to go make myself a new batch! It seriously reminds me of Cherry Haagen Dauzs! ‘n it’s uber easy to make! I believe it is technically called “Ice Milk”
      for my 2QT maker the recipe calls for

4 Cups milk
      1 Cup sugar
      1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract

and I pour in Maraschino cherry juice in, I haven’t figured out how much yet, I just add till it tastes right, only made this a small amount of times! and diced up cherries (my dad likes to add crushed walnuts, also a very good addition!)

Mix the milk, sugar, vanilla, and maraschino juice together until sugar dissolves (My dad tried mixing it with a blender once and said it makes it too frothy, to you just need to mix by hand, doesn’t take much!) ‘n then add it into the ice cream maker! Then at the final 10-15 minutes add the cherry pieces!

Last time I made this my bf sat there with the container I poured the batch into and ate half of it in one sitting! Would have kept going hadn’t I stopped him! and he’s pretty picky about his ice creams! lol

Bodine
      Participant

MMMMMYUMMY!! I LOVE home-made ice cream.Well worth the work.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

KaytanaPhoenix
        Participant

MMMMMYUMMY!! I LOVE home-made ice cream.Well worth the work.

Yes it is! 🙂 Isn’t a lot of work with this recipe either :d made a new batch yesterday (Didn’t get to it the other day) and cut up fresh strawberries and put in it… mmm-mmm tasty! 😀

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.