fbpx

Hippos

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Hippos

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Purplecat
    Participant

I recall quite a while back seeing sculpture progress shots of a hippocampus, as well as the lying down hippogryph.

Whatever happened with these two? Have they been completed?

Also, I’m curious what sort of plans you have for them….Personally I’d love seeing them as pyos so I can get my paws on them (and paintbrushes). πŸ™‚

Melody
      Keymaster

I am slowly grinding through my backlog of unfinished sculpture. There is still hope.
        The hipopocampus was going to be a pyo, but I hadn’t decided what to do, if anything, with the hippogriff. That was a big sculpture, and I think the pyos should be a little smaller.

Purplecat
        Participant

Personally….larger piece or not, I’d love to see the hippogryph as a pyo purely for the fact that there are so many high detail horse colorations and patterns I’d love to try…that really would be impossible for windstone to mass produce. Not to mention intermingling the horse patterning with bird feather patterns. Feathers just lend themselves to brush painting in my opinion.

I think she’d be a better ‘large pyo’ option than the garden dragon, when it comes down to it. Dragons seem to be easier for production painting setup than gryphon types.

How big exactly is the hippogryph? I’m assuming about the size of the mother griffin piece.

Christine
          Participant

PYO or Production, I just want that awesome Hippogriff! πŸ™‚

Adaneth
            Participant

PYO or Production, I just want that awesome Hippogriff! πŸ™‚

This! Totally this! πŸ˜€

Laurie
              Participant

hehe, everytime I see the topic for this thread all I can think of is Jen’s pink hippopotamus. πŸ˜‰

dragonmedley
                Participant

hehe, everytime I see the topic for this thread all I can think of is Jen’s pink hippopotamus. πŸ˜‰

I thought it would be about hippopotamus!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                  I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Purplecat
                  Participant

Hippo is a greek term for horse I believe.

Both the hippogryph and hippocampus are horse based sculptures.

Gotta love horse fantasy art, I know I do. πŸ™‚

Hippopotamus is supposed to mean water horse….i think.

Christine
                    Participant

On a related note, HOW ABOUT A PEBBLE HIPPOPOTAMUS

Wampus Dragon
                      Participant

On a related note, HOW ABOUT A PEBBLE HIPPOPOTAMUS

THIS

dragonmedley
                        Participant

Yeah!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Jennifer
                          Keymaster

Emerald Peacock Hippo, actually…!!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                            My art: featherdust.com

Laurie
                            Participant

Emerald Peacock Hippo, actually…!!

ok, an Emerald Peacock pebble Hippo. Works for me. πŸ˜‰

drag0nfeathers
                              Participant

Honestly, I’d say put that hippocampus in as a PYO, followed by a Flap Cat PYO ^_^ I’d live the Hippogriff for a nice production sculpture *nods*

*cough* For a BIG PYO I still vote Garden dragon!

Got a busted Windstone?
                                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                                Calypso Hatching Empress
                                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Purplecat
                                Participant

I’d live the Hippogriff for a nice production sculpture *nods*

*cough* For a BIG PYO I still vote Garden dragon!

Well….although for me I’d love ALL the new sculpts to be pyos….I rather think the hippogryph is the better pyo choice (if we cant have both).

Windstone tends to produce more colors for dragons than they do gryphon type creatures.

When you think about it…go to the store and count up how many colors are available on gryphons (eight if you use the mother). —versus how many color selections there are for dragons (eleven if you use the lap dragon–almost twenty if you count the curled).

From a production standpoint….I really feel the garden dragon will reach more people as a production piece.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.