Hi! Konnichiwa! Namaste! Hola! Bonjour!

Home Forums Miscellany Introductory and Welcoming Area Hi! Konnichiwa! Namaste! Hola! Bonjour!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    CHeMnICORn
    Participant

Hi all!
      I don’t typically keep much of an online presence, but after seeing the fun everyone has here I just had to jump in!
      I got my first exposure to the Lady Pena’s work when I visited a shop in Julian. There I was stunned by the most anatomically gorgeous, absolutely colorful little dragon I had ever seen (which I would later discover was a black-gold fledgling)! This is saying something because I have absolutely been in love with dragons since I was a pre-teen, but have never owned any dragon sculptures because I was just so put-off by the impossibly poor attention to detail that is very common in the average figurine. I wanted that little dragon so badly, but couldn’t afford it at the time.
      A year or two later I caught a glimpse of Melody’s work on deviantart (I use the same username there) as I was browsing through the popular deviations, and was ecstatic! At the time I was still a poor college student, so I did not browse much due to my low income, and eventually lost track of Windstone Productions.
      Then last October I was at the Great Western War, and discovered the most gorgeous brown male dragon being sold second hand at a woman’s booth. Love at first sight! He was dirty and a bit chipped, and the woman could tell I reaaallllyyy love him, so I got him for a generously low price. I’ve managed to clean up the dirt, and re-painted some of the gold. Other than one missing bit of scale on his tail he is in incredibly good condition for a brown! I would love to re-build that missing scale with the baking soda method I’ve read about here, but I would have no idea how to re-paint it with the gradient browns, so for now it’s been covered with a dull gold.
      So of course, this lead me to re-discover Windstone Editions, and after a few months of lurking on deviantart I decided to come here! For now my brown fellow is my only Windstone, but I hope to save up for more in the future!

If you’ve bothered to read all this I’M SO SORRY IT’S SO LONG!

Misty
      Participant

Hello! And welcome :bigsmile:

Melody
        Keymaster

Hi! I’m so glad to see you here!

Chloe
          Participant

Yep, read it all! πŸ™‚ Old Brown is my favorite production color. πŸ™‚

Welcome to our crazy forum! I hope you have as much fun here as I am!

Amy
            Participant

Welcome to the nut house! πŸ˜‰ We’re happy to have you.

And as far as getting your dragon repaired, two users here, Kyrin and drag0nfeathers both do excellent repair work. You’d never even know that it was broken.

You’re welcome to try to fix it yourself (I’m just throwing out their names because I know they’ve done awesome work for me and I’d be too scared to mess with my Windstones. They re-sculpt broken parts and paint match and everything.)

Lulu
              Blocked

Hi! Welcome! If you are looking for more pieces to add to you collection in the future, I find the classifieds section on here pretty helpful if you haven’t seen it yet. I love that you can find older pieces on there that are not made now or do trades too. Have you seen anymore that have caught your eye on here?

phantomess
                Participant

Hi, and welcome! I love reading about peoples’ discovery of Windstones- if there’s not a specific thread for that yet, someone ought to make one.

I wish you luck with growing your collection, and I wish myself luck with that, too. I have several Windstone dragons now (plus a hatching protoceratops), but there are several others I’m eager to buy. It’s just that stupid thing called money stopping me (or slowing me, rather).

I have a dragon I really should get repaired too- it’s my orange-eyed emerald mother dragon, which was my first and I didn’t take as excellent care of her as I should have at first, so she has about 3 small chips. I’d like to send her off to one of our wonderful repairing members but I just really dread the idea of putting her in the mail (and I’m lazy, and a wee bit poor)…

Anyway! Maybe now you feel better you’re not the only one who made a long post! πŸ˜› Enjoy yourself at the forum! πŸ™‚

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

CHeMnICORn
                  Participant

And as far as getting your dragon repaired, two users here, Kyrin and drag0nfeathers both do excellent repair work. You’d never even know that it was broken.

You’re welcome to try to fix it yourself (I’m just throwing out their names because I know they’ve done awesome work for me and I’d be too scared to mess with my Windstones. They re-sculpt broken parts and paint match and everything.)

I’ll definitely keep that in mind. I’d just be terrified of not packing it properly and it ending up in pieces. I was reading another thread where someone purchased two different dragons identical to mine that ended up in pieces during shipping each time. X-X
                    I’ll double-check how everyone is packing them.

Hi! Welcome! If you are looking for more pieces to add to you collection in the future, I find the classifieds section on here pretty helpful if you haven’t seen it yet. I love that you can find older pieces on there that are not made now or do trades too. Have you seen anymore that have caught your eye on here?

Oh I see plenty! Gotta watch out right now since I’m trying to save up for getting married and moving in October.

CHeMnICORn
                    Participant

I’ll definitely keep that in mind. I’d just be terrified of not packing it properly and it ending up in pieces, so I totally empathize with phantomess. I was reading another thread where someone purchased two different dragons identical to mine that ended up in pieces during shipping each time. X-X
                      I’ll double-check how everyone is packing them.

Oh I see plenty! Gotta watch out right now since I’m trying to save up for getting married and moving in October.

Falcolf
                      Participant

Haha your discovery of Windstone sounds a lot like mine! πŸ˜€ Welcome to the forum!

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.