Hi All!!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Hi All!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Skigod377
    Participant

Just wanted to drop in and say hello now that I have caught my breath! In the last year (just over) I retired from the Army and decided to start my own dog daycare business. Well, realizing that it would take a ridiculous amount of capital-that I didn’t have- I decided to start working at a boarding, daycare, and grooming facility when I got out of the Army; to make sure it was something I wanted to invest all my money in. I fell in love in a short amount of time and after a year or so had passed, the owners told me they were selling!! I raised my hand. They bent over backwards to make this happen for me and now I am a small business owner! I am happy and excited but I’ve been very very busy… and trying to save money. Just wanted to drop in and say hello to everyone and I should be able to pop back in more often. I’ve missed the Windstone community!

One of the best things about this business is that I can get involved in helping rescues. We house a lot of dogs awaiting transport to rescues for a very low rate…. sometimes free. I love being able to help in this manner.

Melody
      Keymaster

Hi Ski! Thanks for poking your head in!

etruscan
        Participant

Congratulations on achieving your own business so quickly!

Zexious
          Participant

Congratulations on your successes, Skigod! And what a wonderful industry to jump into! I can’t wait to hear more about your future successes 🙂

merrillannwhite
            Participant

It’s great to be able to buy an already established business.  What a great opportunity!  Good luck!

Bodine
              Participant

That’s wonderful news! Good for you.Congrats!

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

dragonmedley
                Participant

Great to hear from you 🙂 Congrats on the business!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                  I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

StormDancer
                  Participant

Good to hear that you are doing well! Congratulations on the new business!

Looking for:
                    "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Ela_Hara
                    Participant

That’s Great! And such as good cause too! We have a cute little rescue Chi-Terrier fur baby and he’s sometimes a challenge with all his energy, but Hunter is such a little lover-bear!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                      Zeppard Adult Poads
                      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Landipan
                      Participant

That’s awesome, so exciting to start a new chapter like this, especially since it’s going to help out a lot of furry friends!

*Formerly meowmix101
                        Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Celestial Rainstorm
                        Participant

Hullo again, Ski, nice to see you! And that is simply wonderful news on your business.

Finding happiness again.

Kim
                          Blocked

That’s so cool about buying your own doggie daycare business!  The funny thing is I had the exact same thought!  I do dog walking and pet sitting for extra money and was thinking of opening my own doggie daycare as well but wasn’t sure where to start or how much money I would need either.  I was looking at some options for spaces for lease but I like your idea of working for an existing one first to see how I like it and see how it operates first and then going from there!  How is it going and is there any advice you could give me?  My mom also helps rescue dogs and helps post about ones in the the U.S. that need homes, fosters or transports.  Up here in Canada the adoption rates from shelters are good now but she used to rescue dogs from the pound all the time right before they would put them down and she would find them good homes.  She actually lost about $100 per dog, buying them for $130 and selling them for $30.  She started advertising them in the paper way back when and then the adoption rates picked up and now they all find homes fast so they don’t put any down anymore.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Skigod377
                            Participant

Thank you everyone!

Kim, that is a sweet story! I’d def work at one first to see if you like it. There is a lot to take in. I read a couple books that were very very helpful and you can find them on amazon cheap, if you’re interested. I can even mail you mine if you’d like. You need soooo much capital to start your own and that was a downer for me. You need a lot to get it started and then enough in the bank to operate 6 month to a year (sometimes two) in the red-depending on your location. Buying an established one is so much easier. I’d have even liked to buy one with a bad reputation and build it up but ours was already good. If you’d like the book I have pm me your addy and I’ll send it off. It’s a good start and will give you some ideas!

Ela_Hara
                              Participant

My friend worked at a ferret rescue shelter and then decided to start her own. She’s now officially a non-profit with the ability to accept charitable donations and I donate to her shelter yearly as part of my work’s charitable campaign for paycheck deductions. She currently has 15 ferrets.

I’d back any group that rescues animals.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                                Zeppard Adult Poads
                                Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                                *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.