Hey Look!!! A Repair Section!!! It's so NEW AND SHINY!!!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Repairs Hey Look!!! A Repair Section!!! It's so NEW AND SHINY!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

I was just excited to see that section added to this area!

FYI for anyone who has PMed me lately concerning repairs and I haven’t gotten back to you yet, I am currently CLOSED for repairs until I get my newest job out of the way which is about 30 pieces from one customer, but after that I will open back up and I am getting a “waiting list” together.

If anyone wants to sign up for that it’s first come first served, but I don’t plan to open until about sometime in Fall.

Also, I’ll just say in this thread, if anyone doesn’t want to wait and would like to tackle a repair on their own I will gladly troubleshoot any questions here to the best of my ability publicly and maybe that will help someone else ^_^

I know that sounds sort of like I am full of myself, but believe me I’m not! LOL! I’m just trying to save Windstones from going into the trash heap and truth be told, I do not find repairs to be much fun and like to encourage people to always try on their own if they feel as if they might be able to fix something minor on their own.

Here are some links to prior tutorials I have posted in the past in case anybody is ever looking for them.

PEACOCK MALE DRAGON REPAIR TUTORIAL

http://www.windstoneeditions.com/forum/peacock-male-repair-picture-tutorial-image-heavy

EMPEROR DRAGON TAIL REPLACEMENT

http://www.windstoneeditions.com/forum/woot-i-did-it-my-biggest-repair-ever-pic-heavy-0

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Dragon, I have moved both of those topics to this section 🙂 Your links still work.

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

SWEET! Thanks ^_^

Got a busted Windstone?
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Tattoo Mother Kirin

WolfenMachine
        Participant

If someone needs help matching paint for a small repair, I’m pretty good at matching colors. Haven’t been able to match the violet and blue on the rainbow dragons to save my poor rainbow Emperor, but have had luck with browns, old green, silver and peacock. I could send over a little pot of paint (if I can figure out what to put it in)

Pam

Does Melody still send out matching paint to people?

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

I’m not sure Pam,

I mix all my own colors and I have a lot of luck with Folk Art Metallics for Peacock. There is a metallic airbrush paint called Createx Pearlized that matches Emerald flawlessly! Sometimes you have ti mix a bit of gold paint in for the light areas, but it works great!

Got a busted Windstone?
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Tattoo Mother Kirin

Tara
              Participant

You can buy little plastic craft jars/cups with snap on lids to put the paint in. They’re what I’ve found works the best for store small amounts of paint. (I store my mixed paint in them for months with almost no drying out) The ones I use are about 1″ wide by 1″ tall. I get mine from Michael’s. In my Michaels their near the pro paint brushes and paints. You can also get them at some dollar stores. I’ve seen the craft jars at Dollorama. Hopefully this helps.

Another way you can match the purple at least on a rainbow is paint the area dark blue, then use the purple interference paint on top. Comes out pretty close, but the best thing to do is ask Melody for the purple & the blue. She was kind enough to give me some a few years ago, but alas I am out of both…the little jars she gave me have faulty lids & they dried out on me.

Kyrin

WolfenMachine
                Participant

Thanks for the tip on the purple, Kyrin! I’ll have to try that.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.