Help with Video Editing for Quest 18

Home Forums The Tanglian Wilderness Quests Help with Video Editing for Quest 18

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kiya
    Participant

Hello,

I have gotten a generous offer to help with video editing/file compression for quest 18. The offer of assistance comes from someone who will not be participating in the quest and they will NOT be told who the files are for. However, since this person is working around their day job, any requests for video editing MUST be submitted by no later than 12/12 for them to be able to get it back to you by the due date for the quest submissions.

Edits they will do:
      – Simple clipping – if you want your video to start at a certain time stamp and end at a certain time stamp, they will clip the beginning and end for you to get it to the 5 minute mark
      – File compression – if you can’t get your video under 100MB using your software, they will compress your file for you so it is below the file-size guidelines.

Edits they will NOT do:
      – Complex clipping/restitching – if you need several clips taken from your video and then stitched back together into a single file, unfortunately they cannot do this
      – Audio corrections
      – Lighting corrections
      – Really anything other than the edits outlined in the first list. ๐Ÿ™‚

I have set up a OneDrive that files can be uploaded to for the editing. Please PM me if you want to use this service and I will send you the log-in and password. It can accept files up to 15GB so I can’t imagine we’ll run into any problems.

Amstaff
      Participant

Ok cool, so I should hopefully be able to have my file all edited the way I want, then send it in to get it compressed by this kind-soul ? ๐Ÿ˜‰ Guess I will eventually need that sign in info. Thanks so much to this kind forum member !

Kiya
        Participant

Yes, correct – just PM me when you need the sign in info.

Amstaff
          Participant

Well seems like I figured out why my file was so big, I had been saving it for viewing in HD… when I should have been saving it as a movie to email…. *duh* !! Ok, awesome! Thats all figured out and my file size is now WAYYYY below 100 MB ๐Ÿ™‚

Kim
            Blocked

I think I can edit mine to clip out some of the middle where I open the boxes since I wouldn’t want to clip the beginning or end. I looked up how to do it. And just one question as I know it said you can show your face or not in the video but is it okay to say who you are in the video because I said ‘Hi this is Kim’ and now I am wondering if I should edit that part out if it is supposed to be anonymous or not? Although I think a lot of us know what others on here look like so if people see my face they would know anyway I think from facebook pics.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Amstaff
              Participant

Oooo…. I didnt think of that either Kim, as I said who I was in my video as well. I thought it was ok, as figured even though people may not know who I was, they may likely recognize the windstones in it ๐Ÿ˜‰ I hope its ok that I did this, or I will have to try and edit those parts out.

Kiya
                Participant

The reason we went to anonymous entries is because some forum members felt they were not getting votes because people did not know them/like them as well as other entrants. If you guys aren’t worried about that, it’s fine with me. I would still ask you not go claim them on the forum outside of the video content – not everyone knows real/forum name correlations so that will help keep everything as neutral as possible.

Thanks!

SPark
                  Participant

Edited because I am dense and need to learn to read. XD So nevermind!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.