fbpx

Help name my puppy Meet Takara page 2

Home Forums Miscellany Community Help name my puppy Meet Takara page 2

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author

Here is the latest picture of the Akita puppy I’m getting. Now all I need to do is make up my mind on a name. πŸ˜•
    I was thinking Takara which is Japanese for treasure. But I’d like to incorporate some of her attributes. Like her color, Red, or looks, Fox, only in Japanese. I’m going to run some ideas through a translator. Suggestions are welcome πŸ˜€

Stephanie
    Participant

She’s adorable! Sandstone? Russet? I’m such a geology geek I’d look up names of the rock layers in the Grand Canyon. Kaibab?

Jodi
      Participant

She’s very cute. How about Scarlet?

siberakh1
        Participant

I’m not sure of her personality, but here are some thoughts on some female or unisex Japanese names (some have more than one meaning) based mostly on what I know of the breed and possible personality traits…

Akane – red
          Hikaru – unisex for Radiance (Hikari)
          Kaede – Maple
          Masami – elegant beauty
          Kimiko – empress child or noble child
          Kazumi – Harmonious Beauty
          Hoshi – star
          Hisoka – reserved
          Chiyoko – child of a thousand generations
          Aki – 1) autumn, 2) bright, 3) sparkle
          Akiko – 1) autumn child, 2) bright child, 3) sparkle child
          Rin – cold, dignified, severe
          Setsuko – temperate child
          Yasu – assertive child
          Yasuko – peaceful child
          Toshiko – clever child

If you would like the particular kanji for these names with those particular meanings (since there are different kanji for the same thing), this is where I got them from. I know a few more names, but most of the names I know are male, though I did know a few on the list : http://www.20000-names.com/female_japanese_names.htm

siberakh1 wrote:

I’m not sure of her personality, but here are some thoughts on some female or unisex Japanese names (some have more than one meaning) based mostly on what I know of the breed and possible personality traits…

Akane – red
          Hikaru – unisex for Radiance (Hikari)
          Kaede – Maple
          Masami – elegant beauty
          Kimiko – empress child or noble child
          Kazumi – Harmonious Beauty
          Hoshi – star
          Hisoka – reserved
          Chiyoko – child of a thousand generations
          Aki – 1) autumn, 2) bright, 3) sparkle
          Akiko – 1) autumn child, 2) bright child, 3) sparkle child
          Rin – cold, dignified, severe
          Setsuko – temperate child
          Yasu – assertive child
          Yasuko – peaceful child
          Toshiko – clever child

If you would like the particular kanji for these names with those particular meanings (since there are different kanji for the same thing), this is where I got them from. I know a few more names, but most of the names I know are male, though I did know a few on the list : http://www.20000-names.com/female_japanese_names.htm

Excellent suggestions. The link was very helpful. Some I like the meaning but the name is awkward

darjeb
          Participant

I like Masami she certainly is a beauty and looks elegant

Here is her half brother. She will probably look more like this as she gets older. Maybe with a bit more color

I think she looks like a Nanook.

My most wanted list: Peacock kitty wizard, carnelian mouse wizard, copper patina frog wizard, autumn leaf poads, pumpkin spice kitties

the dragon collector wrote:

I think she looks like a Nanook.

Yes, a bit. But she is Japanese not Inuit πŸ˜€

Then how about Hatori??

My most wanted list: Peacock kitty wizard, carnelian mouse wizard, copper patina frog wizard, autumn leaf poads, pumpkin spice kitties

Rusti
            Participant

Sayuri (because I’m reading Memiors of a Geisha again and that’s all I’ve got – unless you want to spring for something like Hatsumomo)

Maria
              Participant

She’s a pretty little thing.

Thanks everyone for all the input Right now I’m leaning towards Takara-Treasure or Kitsune -Fox I’d like something that describes her but most of them come up through the translator as too long and hard to pronounce πŸ˜€
                I love looking at the meanings of the names. But the meanings don’t always match up with pretty sounding names πŸ˜•

Pegasi1978
                Participant

khat7 wrote:

Thanks everyone for all the input Right now I’m leaning towards Takara-Treasure or Kitsune -Fox I’d like something that describes her but most of them come up through the translator as too long and hard to pronounce πŸ˜€
                  I love looking at the meanings of the names. But the meanings don’t always match up with pretty sounding names πŸ˜•

Most of the names on siberakh1’s list are easy to pronounce (at least to me). I’m familiar with most of them from animes.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.