Help! My sun dragon spit out his globe!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Help! My sun dragon spit out his globe!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    jackid55
    Participant

I was dusting my dragons and the globe fell out of my Pewter Sun Dragons mouth. How do I fix that???

Carolyn
      Participant

A little glue I’d say . Something clear so you don’t see it thru the globe .

Lupuslunae
        Participant

not to make too light of a serious situation, but maybe offer him some cheese instead? He’s probably jealous of the Moon Dragon, cheese > crystal ball :bigsmile:

jackid55
          Participant

Tried the cheese, but he is lactose intolerant. 😉

I figured glue, but what kind? Has anyone had this problem before?

Hannah
            Participant

I’ve never had this problem before, but I can recommend Aileen’s Clear Tacky Glue – its a Gel so it doesn’t drip unless you use a LOT, and it dries crystal clear.

Again, I’ve never had to glue a globe back in, but when I have used it for the gems in a Keeper’s tail and it’s leaked out a little bit when I push the gem in I can never see it once it has dried.

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
              Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Lupuslunae
              Participant

I have not had this problem, so I have no idea what type of glue to use, but I’m sure Melody or one of the other windstone people will know the right stuff.

jackid55
                Participant

Thank you for your replies. The globe still has the old glue on it. I tried peeling it off with my nail, but I’m afraid of scratching of the coloring on the back of the globe. Any suggestions on safely removing that?

Melody
                  Keymaster

Tried the cheese, but he is lactose intolerant. 😉

I figured glue, but what kind? Has anyone had this problem before?

I will find the exact name of the kind we use for that. It is epoxy. but it needs to be the crystal clear kind.

jackid55
                    Participant

Thank you, Melody!

Any idea how to get the old glue off?

Nicole
                      Participant

Ya I was thinking epoxy. The kind I have is white and blue and you mix it together and it dries crystal clear. It just doesn’t look clear when you’ve mixed it

Melody
                        Keymaster

Thank you, Melody!

Any idea how to get the old glue off?

You can’t get the old glue off of the globe any way that I know of, but we can send you a new globe if you would like.
                          Give us a call on Monday and tell Susie to remind me to send you one. She doesn’t forget stuff. I do.

Carolyn
                          Participant

Glad you got help . My Wizard Cat Candle Lamp has a glode so far not problem .

jackid55
                            Participant

You are the best, Melody. Thank you.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.