fbpx

HELP!!! does anyone know…

Home Forums Miscellany Community HELP!!! does anyone know…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

anything about latex-free nursing products? breast pumps, pads etc? I have been searching for the past 2 days, and for some reason, all of the companies and websites that I’m finding say NOTHING about being latex-free or not! GRRRR I’m so frustrated! the bottles and such I have figured out,but I’m ata loss about the rest, it’s driving me crazy! If anyone knows anything about this stuff, Please, please, please let me know! I guess i should note that I don’t have a latex irritablility, I have the anaphalaxis kind…latex will actually kill me!
    (funny story: Did you know silly putty is latex? I wish they would put warnings on this stuff! I found some silly putty while going through drawers a couple days ago, and without even thinking, I was playing with it……BAD!! instant hives, throat started to close! I was eating popcorn at the time too, so my tounge swelled, and I have hives on my tounge. It’s a good thing I have paramedic friends! or I would’ave gotten a ride in the big orange and white bus! A very kind friend of mine came and gave me a shot of benadryl (yes I called my OB first) stupid silly putty!!!)

Laurie
    Participant

I thought everything had to be latex free. I would call the manufacturer and ask them just to be safe. I’m not sure if my breast pump is latex free or not since I never thought about it.

That’s what I thought too, but when I registered, they weren’t positive, she said some of them were latex. I had thought they went to silicone. I tried the major brands websites (Doc brown, aventi, playtex) and the websites say nothing, I didn’t think to call, thanks I’ll try that too!!

frozendragon
      Participant

playtex had latex free bottles and inserts… someone here posted about them.. and I got my sister one for free..

I saw their site had more info about latex free products.. I admit I didn’t read all of it.. but it seemed like they had good info..

(I’m not all into the baby/feminine stuff)

Thanks Frozen, the bottles and drop in’s I have figured out, most of those are labeled, it’s the other stuff I can’t seem to get info on, but thanks again!! 😀

DragonMistress wrote:

That’s what I thought too, but when I registered, they weren’t positive, she said some of them were latex. I had thought they went to silicone. I tried the major brands websites (Doc brown, aventi, playtex) and the websites say nothing, I didn’t think to call, thanks I’ll try that too!!

ive messed around with latex and its pretty easy to tell latex form silicone . laytex has a texture to it and a rubbery smell . Silicone is usually has a shine to it and little to mo texture . Just look at an old silicone glove it feels a bit gritty , Silicone is much smoother

Deadly allergy to latex… ouch… considering how much stuff has latex in it nowadays (I get irritated by some of the powders they put in latex gloves, but that’s it).

I would suggest calling the companies, they should be able to tell you which of their products is silicone, which is latex, but, since I’ve never had a kid… I don’t do all the baby stuff… But the calling thing has already been suggested hasn’t it? Ah well…

Anonymous

3 seconds in Google gave me this useful list:

http://my.execpc.com/~alert/homeprod.html

Jasmine
          Participant

Necron99 wrote:

DragonMistress wrote:

ive messed around with latex and its pretty easy to tell latex form silicone . laytex has a texture to it and a rubbery smell . Silicone is usually has a shine to it and little to mo texture . Just look at an old silicone glove it feels a bit gritty , Silicone is much smoother

But wouldn’t she have to touch it to tell the difference??

Snapdragon wrote:

3 seconds in Google gave me this useful list:

http://my.execpc.com/~alert/homeprod.html
            Thanks, I actually have that printed, I’ve had that one for a while. It is however missing the crucial thing I am looking for. Breast pumps and nursing pads. I have all the info on bottles and pacis and all that, it’s the other that reamins elusive.

Jasmine wrote:

Necron99 wrote:

DragonMistress wrote:

But wouldn’t she have to touch it to tell the difference??
            Yes, I would, and therin lies the problem. I can’t do that. While most stuff I can visulally tell is latex or silicone, there are componets in things that I never would have guessed that have put me in the ER. I will be making lots of phone calls, that seems to be the only sfae thing to do, especially because you can’t return these kinds of things. Oh well, thanks for trying guys!!

Have you tried contacting the La Leche League?
            http://www.llli.org/WebUS.html

My first born arrived when I was only 27 weeks and had problems digesting any formula. LLL was a wonderful help to me than. Surly they could connect you with latex free resources if anyone can.

khat7 wrote:

Have you tried contacting the La Leche League?
            http://www.llli.org/WebUS.html

My first born arrived when I was only 27 weeks and had problems digesting any formula. LLL was a wonderful help to me than. Surly they could connect you with latex free resources if anyone can.

OOH!! didn’ think of them, THANK YOU!!!

Lupin
            Participant

Went hunting for you Medela has a statement in their FAQ’s

Question:

“ Do Medela products contain latex? ”  

Answer:

Medela breastfeeding products that come in direct contact with breastmilk do not contain latex. Some carry bags may contain latex and the demonstration balloons are latex. The elastic bands contained in the older style Hands Free Kit, item #87016, are made of latex.

http://www.medelabreastfeedingus.com/faqs/245/do-medela-products-contain-latex

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.