fbpx

Hello! I’m new also but not new to Windstone

Home Forums Miscellany Introductory and Welcoming Area Hello! I’m new also but not new to Windstone

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Deborah Fletcher
    Participant

I bought two Windstone Dragons back in… well, it was sometime in the early 1980s, I think? I have a brown Mother Dragon and a brown Male Dragon, and I just LOVE them!! Back, then there were only a couple of colors available, at least, that they carried in the tobacco shop where I bought them. Here’s a pic of them… I’m just getting unpacked after a move and haven’t found the exact right place for them yet, but here they are perched on the nearest shelf until I figure out just where they go.

pipsxlch
      Participant

Welcome! I bought my original familly- male, mother, and hatcher- in the mid 80s, at a tourist trap gifts and collectibles shop. I chose the green, but they had the brown family also. That was it then.
        Your browns are lovely!

Deborah Fletcher
        Participant

Oh, yes, the green! Shortly after I bought my browns, they came out with a black one with other jewel colors on the tips… might have been the peacock? I’m not sure, but I already had my brown pair. I meant to buy more, but then I moved and there wasn’t any place I could find that sold them. I was just unpacking last night and turned them over to see if there was a company name on the bottom (I guess they all have felt bottoms now? they didn’t back then…) and I looked it up, and voila! Here I am! I’ve already fallen in love with a few pieces that (naturally) are out of stock :/ Just my luck! LOL!

etruscan
          Participant

Welcome!

Embrie
            Participant

Be sure to join the waitlist for the pieces you’re interested in! Windstone uses the waitlist to help decide what to make next. There’s no obligation to buy, you’ll just get a notificaton if it restocks. 🙂

Looking for GBs: loaf dragon; dark red-colored sitting grey wolf; baby ki-rins; sitting ori; fantasy qi-lin #154

Deborah Fletcher
              Participant

Oh, yes, I absolutely have several on the wait list!!!!!

Bodine
                Participant

Welcome.Original browns were my first dragons too.😁

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                  (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                  Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Melody
                  Keymaster

Welcome, Deborah!

pipsxlch
                    Participant

Oh, yours really are the old originals if they just have the stamp, not a felt pad! Older than mine. They all started having felt pads in the mid 80s. For a few years, they had hang tags too- but that was discontinued years ago.
                      Unless it was an escaped test paint, the ‘black’ one probably was a peacock- especially some of the older ones were pretty dark.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.