fbpx

Hello from Canada!

Home Forums Miscellany Introductory and Welcoming Area Hello from Canada!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    rachelled
    Participant

…Ontario, Canada, that is πŸ™‚

I’m pretty new to this scene – I always loved looking at the Windstone dragons as a kid, but back then, $100+ was an astronomical figure. I couldn’t even dream of asking for one!

Now I’m happy to have been reintroduced to these guys by a friend (also on the forums). I’m so glad to know that even though I haven’t seen a Windstone Dragon for sale in ages around here, they are still being produced!

I just obtained my first Windstone – a Jade Oriental adult in the “emerald” shade. I’m absolutely in love with it, and hope to have more on the way soon.

I’m a little shy and tend to spend more time browsing than posting, but I really look forward to sticking around and seeing what this place is all about!

Kim
      Blocked

Welcome fellow Canadian! There are a few of us on here. I am from Calgary, Alberta but know some others on here are from Ontario and other places. Which city in Ont. are your from? Nice dragon you got there! I love browsing all the posts and pictures on here myself but have gone through most of them in the last year I have been on here. Are you looking for other pieces? Make sure to check out the classifieds if you are looking for any hard to find pieces or better deals than you might find on ebay and feel free to message any of us or post questions if you have any.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

StormDancer
        Participant

Welcome! I am fairly new here as well but everyne I have talked to has been great. The people here are so supportive of each other!
          Have fun here and happy Windstone collecting!

Looking for:
          "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Ela_Hara
          Participant

Yes Yes Welcome!

If you’re into painting, or always wanted to try… check out the Paint Your Own (PYO) section in the store. Or, if you get any Windstones with chips or breaks and want to try your hand at repairs – there are some GREAT Forum sections just on PYOs and on Repairing Windstones. Also the forum Members here are really great at answering questions and being helpful!

Kim is also correct about checking out the Classified section for Windstones …. I’ve bought several myself from other Forum Members and have always had a good experience. In fact, my entire collection, except for my Tadpoads and my painted PYOs, are second hand from the WS Classifieds or eBay.

Have fun! πŸ™‚

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
            Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
            Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
            *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

etruscan
            Participant

Welcome! Windstones are sneaky little things and like to hang around in groups. I’m sure your new dragon will have companions soon. πŸ™‚

Stormbringer777
              Participant

Hello and WELCOME to one of the BEST forums on the web!! :party: Have alot of fun here and be prepared to have your collection grow fast!! πŸ˜‰

BDW
                Participant

Welcome! Where about in Ontario? I’m in Quebec near Ottawa.

Hey :waves: welcome to the forum. I’m in peace river, AB

Scott
                  Participant

Welcome to the community from Nova Scotia. I can relate to looking at them as a kid and not being able to afford one. Had a similar thing happen to me this summer – when I finally purchased my first Windstone after finding the website as an adult. I don’t have a Jade Oriental yet, but they are on my list… and yes, Windstones do seem to breed on their own. I had one dragon this summer, and now somehow I have 4… :p

Dani
                    Participant

Welcome, friend! <3

As you know, I haven't been here long, but this is probably the most friendly and helpful forum I have been on in a LONG time. The people here are really fantastic. I've gotten some good buying advice and had some excellent transactions. πŸ˜€ I hope you enjoy your time here!

John
                      Keymaster

Hi Rachelled, Melody usually gets on and says hello, but one of her computers is being repaired, so I will welcome you instead. As everyone so generously points out, this is a pretty special community of enthusiasts and collectors.

Melody
                        Keymaster

Welcome! ( I’m using my home computer)

phantomess
                          Participant

Welcome, rachelled, and congrats on getting your first Windstone! πŸ™‚

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

rachelled
                            Participant

Which city in Ont. are your from? ….. Are you looking for other pieces?

I’m from New Hamburg, which is a little town south of Kitchener/Waterloo and just about an hour away from Toronto πŸ™‚

I’m currently looking for a Jade Sun dragon to match my Jade Oriental adult! I say “Jade” but I mean the Emerald shade of the Jade listings~ However I’m realizing Sun Dragons are a little harder to come by, so any Sun/Moon would be gladly purchased once I have the funds!

Windstones are sneaky little things and like to hang around in groups. I’m sure your new dragon will have companions soon.

This seems true… I already have another on the way since joining!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome πŸ™‚ I look forward to sticking around!

Hello from the UK! *waves across the pond*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.