fbpx

Have you ever…

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Have you ever…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Thought about making some sort of display stand for crystal balls, or anything like that?
    I collect crystal spheres/balls, and was wondering since you did pillar stands, if the thought had ever crossed your mind…I’d love a stand by you to put a ball on in front of my Wizards! πŸ˜‰

lamortefille
    Participant

That’s a very cool idea!!

PurpleTurtle
      Participant

I concur πŸ˜‰ . I often display my semi-precious stones and spheres with my Windstone. That’s a cool idea, WC πŸ˜€ !

It struck me as I was posting down in photos and more about my spheres. I mean, I’ve found some pretty cool stands, but it would be really neat with say…3 gargoyles, or perhaps large scaled dragons (Not so small of scales. Think kinda like the Guardian Dragon…)or even fish, or whatever! 😳 Something easy to carve up, not too complicated, but with Melody’s style and grace. πŸ˜‰ I mean, you’d have to be careful when setting the spheres on it, but I think Gypsum would easily hold a 3-4 inch ball. Alot of my Windstones weigh more than those balls do. πŸ˜†
        I’ve noticed there are alot of us who collect crystals or spheres, or whatever you favorite gem is, and until recently, when I got more shelves everything was all blended in together. Now, I sorta miss the big crystal ball out with my Wizards, and well, darn my imagination! 😈 πŸ˜†

lamortefille
        Participant

Those ideas sound great! I was thinking even something simple would do for smaller ones…plain base, maybe with runes, moons and stars, etc. on it. The basic shape could be like the one holding the marble on the bottom right of this picture:

Melody
          Keymaster

WindstoneCollector wrote:

Thought about making some sort of display stand for crystal balls, or anything like that?
            I collect crystal spheres/balls, and was wondering since you did pillar stands, if the thought had ever crossed your mind…I’d love a stand by you to put a ball on in front of my Wizards! πŸ˜‰

That would be neat! If I ever have time to sculpt again…

frozendragon
            Participant

That would be cool.. but how would they hold up to the weight.. glass is kind of heavy..

I’m not thinking completely hollow…Dipped out maybe. I also meant balls say up to 5lbs…Not elephantine ones! 😈 Most of my own are under that weight, and I wouldn’t put something really heavy on one.

No, sorta like what Lamort has under hers, but with a touch of “Melody” thrown at ’em. πŸ˜€ That would be so cool! The stars and runes sound cool! Then they would really match with the Wizards!!! πŸ™‚ Maybe they could be something simple that looks like swirling cloth, and have different colors with gold or silver stars and runes here and there.

Anonymous

WC – I concur, I think Melody should find time to sculpt a simple crystal ball/marble stand in maybe two sizes lol The stars and rune symbols or zodiac symbols would be perfect with one or two glittering crystals. A simple piece of felt in the depression would probably be enough to protect the sculpt, too. The possibilities are ENDLESS! It’s a great idea – and I saw your spheres, nice nice nice! Also, Iamortifille – love your marble collection. I am hooked on both, the spheres and the marbles and particularly like implosion marbles! We have had to become very creative with stands, and for small marbles I like to use hematite rings or catseye rings and the larger spheres if I don’t get actual stands, there are many diffuser stands that work great and add variety. BUT a Windstone Stand would be SUPREME! πŸ™‚

Poems wrote:

WC – I concur, I think Melody should find time to sculpt a simple crystal ball/marble stand in maybe two sizes lol The stars and rune symbols or zodiac symbols would be perfect with one or two glittering crystals. A simple piece of felt in the depression would probably be enough to protect the sculpt, too. The possibilities are ENDLESS! It’s a great idea – and I saw your spheres, nice nice nice! Also, Iamortifille – love your marble collection. I am hooked on both, the spheres and the marbles and particularly like implosion marbles! We have had to become very creative with stands, and for small marbles I like to use hematite rings or catseye rings and the larger spheres if I don’t get actual stands, there are many diffuser stands that work great and add variety. BUT a Windstone Stand would be SUPREME! πŸ™‚

I got creative enough to use a hospital “cough medicine” sized cc measuring cup. A 2tbs one, with the bottom half cut off. Works great for spheres 3.5 inches and smaller. πŸ˜‰ Although, I will hit a few garage sales this summer and look around for stands, or things I can use as stands. πŸ˜€

Bodine
                Participant

WindstoneCollector wrote:

I’m not thinking completely hollow…Dipped out maybe. I also meant balls say up to 5lbs…Not elephantine ones! 😈 Most of my own are under that weight, and I wouldn’t put something really heavy on one.

No, sorta like what Lamort has under hers, but with a touch of “Melody” thrown at ’em. πŸ˜€ That would be so cool! The stars and runes sound cool! Then they would really match with the Wizards!!! πŸ™‚ Maybe they could be something simple that looks like swirling cloth, and have different colors with gold or silver stars and runes here and there.
                  Great idea WC!! I have three myself of the world I would love to have out for display.
                  Imagination….where would we be without it? πŸ˜‰

Every act matters.No matter how smallπŸ’ž
                  (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                  Male Hearth....one day🀞Dream on.

Pegasi1978
                  Participant

I know it’s not quite the same, but my grandmother used to use all kinds of things as stands for the decorated eggs she made. Things like you might find on this website. She even used some carved wood stands where the wood was done in links that were intertwined like the ones on this page near the bottom.

lamortefille
                    Participant

Thanks Poems. πŸ˜€ That’s just part of my collection. Maybe I’ll give them a dusting and take some new pix…then post the pix where they belong. lol

Thanks for the links Peg….I think! lol More pretties to tempt me on the other pages. :spank:

I collect Eddie Seese marbles and he has finally decided to sell glass stands. πŸ˜€

Lots of choices, but I still vote for Mel to make some. πŸ˜‰

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.