fbpx

Have you ever thought of doing a crouching young/baby dragon similar to the crouching griff chick?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Have you ever thought of doing a crouching young/baby dragon similar to the crouching griff chick?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Patricia
    Participant

Melody,
      I was just thinking how cute you could get a young dragon in a playful stance like the crouching griff chick and wondered if you had ever thought about doing/trying it. I think it would be adorable. ๐Ÿ™‚

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

Kiya
      Participant

Oh my, that would be super cute!!!

Kim
        Blocked

I had asked about that before and I think others before me had mentioned it too but I don’t think mine that was posted was ever answered so I am still wondering too.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

darjeb
          Participant

Yes that would be great

Melody
            Keymaster

Melody,
              I was just thinking how cute you could get a young dragon in a playful stance like the crouching griff chick and wondered if you had ever thought about doing/trying it. I think it would be adorable. ๐Ÿ™‚

Yep. I’ve got a concept sketch somewhere. If I can find it, I’ll post it on the blog.

Kim
              Blocked

That would be cool to see!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

rachelled
                Participant

I would also love to see that sketch!

etruscan
                  Participant

After a bit of searching I found a similar discussion in 2007, though then it was being called a crouching fledgling as a counterpart to the sitting fledgling – “The poses of the sitting fledgling and griffin chick are so similar; it would be neat to have a fledgling to match the crouching chick.”

I found Melody’s response very interesting:
                    “AHH…you have noticed that I often do several “species” of creature off of the same concept sketch!
                    I used the female griffin pose for the old warrior,the lap and the cement dragon we haven’t made yet, because I thought we would never do the fem. griffin..
                    I used the hippocampus pose for the pyo griffin, which was originally the flion sketch;
                    -The crouching griffin concept sketch was the one I used for the young oriental dragon, since I thought we would never use it for a griffin chick.(The dragon did end up looking totally different though, since the belly of an oriental Dragon doesn’t drag.)
                    -The fledgling pose was taken from the first drawing of the sitting griffin chick I did.

It doesn’t matter really, each one is itself, even if they were derived from the same piece of paper!

Yes, I could do a crouching fledgling. Be happy to. May I have a long life!”

If you prefer to read the whole thing, this is the thread:

http://windstoneeditions.com/forum/crouching-fledgling

Back in 2007 somebody also suggested a dragon curled up on its back and playing with its tail, which would be very cute. ๐Ÿ™‚

Samwise
                    Participant

I’ve only just come across these amazing dragons today and I am already addicted! The concept of dragons in more playful positions would be very cute!

Dragoneer_88
                      Participant

Another cute pose could be a fledgling dragon lying on his/her back and rolling around trying to scratch, kicking his/her feet in the air. I see horses do it all the time. My dog does it too. It’s so funny to watch. (Sorry, if this has been mentioned before. I’m new.)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.