Have I been gone too long, or what?

Home Forums Miscellany Help & Feedback Have I been gone too long, or what?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nightcrow
    Participant

I guess I missed a few code updates, because I feel lost!

1. Does “Save” mean “post”? (And if so, why can’t it just say “post”? “Save” is very confusing to me, because on other forum site sites I visit, they use it to mean saving a post’s contents so it can be posted at a later time!)

2. Somehow I accidentally double-posted on a thread; where is the “delete post” button? I tried going to “Edit,” but there’s no delete option there and removing all the text just results in “field must be filled.”

I’m sure I’ll think of other questions as I go on… ::facepalming:: I’ve been on the forums for years, but now I feel like a total newbie! (I hope this is the right place to post these questions, even! I figured it had to be, because there wasn’t a specific “discuss the site” forum, and the top of this one has a post about logging in/other site usage problems. If, however, I’m in the wrong place, sorry!)

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

dragonmedley
      Participant

Yes, save means post. The double-post is something that happens once in a while; it’s not contagious or anything… Don’t worry about it.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Laurie
        Participant

I’ve been here the whole time we’ve been having THE CHANGE and I’m still learning as well. welcome back ๐Ÿ˜‰

Jennifer
          Keymaster

1. SAVE means post. I agree, it’s pretty stupid, but I don’t know how to change it!

2. You can edit your own posts but not delete them. If you ever need something deleted, just send me a note. Otherwise don’t be embarrassed.. it’s a glitch and I have no idea why it happens.

I know these new forums are pretty… uh. Special. And Challenging… but it’s what we have for now. ๐Ÿ™

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

Melody
            Keymaster

I’ve been here the whole time we’ve been having THE CHANGE and I’m still learning as well. welcome back ๐Ÿ˜‰

The forum is still having hot flashes

I have had double posts when I accidentally hit my touch screen twice. My screen is evidently pretty sensitive. So I preview my post now and haven’t had the double post problem. But I figure if that is the worst mistake I make on any given day I’m doing ok!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.