fbpx

Hatchers to adults?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Hatchers to adults?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    LZ
    Participant

There is an emperor dragon, and a hatching emperor dragon. Any thoughts on making an empress dragon to go with the hatching empress? Or a… king (?) dragon to go with the hatching kinglet?

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Melody
      Keymaster

I have always planned to do an Empress to go with the emperor, but never got around to it! Actually, the hatching “royals” are supposed to be babies of the Secret Keeper, they are more in scale with that one. I guess they all lay big eggs! Like Kiwis.

pipsxlch
        Participant

Maybe the SK is the Empress? With many herps (and birds) females are larger than males, sometimes markedly so.

I keep flashing back to that photo when the SK was new, of her and an Emperor facing off. She looked like an abusive spouse!

Nightcrow
          Participant

I like your idea, pipsxlch, that the SK is the Empress!  And now I guess we know her secret she’s keeping!  😀

I still dream of a King Dragon happening one day…

On the other side of the Hatcher/Adult divide, I just realized that we’ve never had an Oriental hatcher of any kind, not even as a teaser or sketch!  I’d love to see that come about one day.  I feel like Oriental eggs could be a little different than the Western hatchers we’ve seen so far – more leathery/snakelike, to fit the Oriental’s body type?  Maybe the baby Oriental has an ‘egg tooth’ on its nose, to help tear through that tough shell?

It’d be neat to have another hatcher but of a really different style!

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

silkenwinds37
            Participant

Whoa neat idea for the hatching Orientals! But they should hatch out of PEARLS, or eggs that look like pearls, since most asian dragons hold wisdom pearls or something like that. Just my own idea though 😉

We also need hatching griffin chicks!

Nightcrow
              Participant

Pearls would be neat!  Though Windstone Orientals hold gazing balls rather than pearls, so I’m not sure people would get it?

But a pearly effect over whatever color the “snake” egg was (I like the idea that different colors of dragon would have different egg colors!  Can Peacocks have sky-blue eggs??) would be really cool!  It might look like silk, or like those gorgeous Asian panoramas cut into mother-of-pearl for furniture…

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.