fbpx

Has anyone seen this one yet?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Has anyone seen this one yet?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

I was wondering if this one seemed a bit off.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300138232860

The price seems just a bit high (Like nearly double) what they’re worth and for that shipping price you could barely ship the young. Did I miss something?

Maria
    Participant

Even half that price would be excessive for a brown family, I think. It certainly won’t sell for $700. The seller doesn’t know what s/he’s doing.

wolflodge100
      Participant

The starting bid was $900 to begin with ๐Ÿ™„ They will need to go lower to get any bites.

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Even half that price would be excessive for a brown family, I think. It certainly won’t sell for $700. The seller doesn’t know what s/he’s doing.

On the other hand these do look to be in pristine condition, which is very unusual.

What would put me off first, though, is that the shipping fee is $9.35 via Parcel Post. To pack these things well, in a single shipping carton, you’re looking at a cost of $25.00 to $30.00. This leads me to think that the seller has no idea about shipping, which also leads me to think that the seller is unlikely to know how to pack these so that they arrive intact (note also that this seller has neither sold anything nor bought anything over eBay, and has zero feedback). Also I would seriously worry about “Shipping insurance: Not offered.”

As you say, the seller appears to not know what he or she is doing. But I do I think that with the right blurb (and a lower opening bid with a reserve) this family of Brown Dragons could easily sell for $700.00.

Maria
        Participant

I didn’t notice the shipping. I’m thinking though that a high price like that will prevent a sale and will save the dragons a lousy packing job and complete annihilation.

I think you’re right…plus all of the brown families in excellent conditions that I’ve seen on Ebay during the past year or so have sold for ~$300…

Maria
          Participant

Brown is just too common for it to go for much more than that.

keschete
            Participant

Somebody has been smokin’ some CRACK!

Bob

a couple years ago I saw a brown Male that sold for $525 by himself

Yeah, I saw the shipping and said the same thing Kesch. ๐Ÿ˜† The family does look good (Is that a chip on the mother’s horn though?), but the packing would be a devastating thing I have a feeling. The no insurance is also sorta a turn off. 600 is high to start. ๐Ÿ˜•

Has anyone thought just to contact her and say youre trying to help? She could use it if she’s that new to eBay and certainly new to shipping Windstones. Might give her a hint about Reserve and starting costs too, etc.

Maria
                Participant

Good idea, PhoenixTears. I just did that.
                  DM – that was one of those strange abnormalities that happen. Most brown males go for $100 or less, I believe.

Maria
                  Participant

Here’s their answer:

Quote:

thank you i have been hearing alot of different things from alot of people and i have been trying to look the prices up but i have not yet been to find any

Well, I told them they’d be well off to sell the whole thing as a lot for $300.

Purplecat
                    Participant

Oh, crud. I was really wanting a set of browns too, especially the male and mother….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.