Hannah's Repairs Thread: Amethyst Male

Home Forums Windstone Editions Repairs Hannah's Repairs Thread: Amethyst Male

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Hannah
    Participant

My first more major repair, and of course I can’t find my camera anywhere!!!

Here are some pictures that Wampus took of this fellow – his front paw was smashed to smithereens during shipping:

And one of my own..

I began by taking the largest of the pieces (it was mostly knuckle) and gluing them back on the sculpture. After that was done I still had most of the middle finger missing from the claw to the first knuckle:

Then I took Apoxie Sculpt to him and ended up having to remake a lot of the finger scales on this guy’s paw. They are not as lovely as miss Melody’s but from afar I don’t think you’d be able to tell a difference πŸ™‚

Sorry for the crappy pics!! This guy is now painted white, as he will be a repaint. The sculpture otherwise was not in the best shape, the paint job was dull and the topcoat was beginning to peel and wear in some areas, so instead of attempting to repaint the peacock coloring I decided to turn him into a personal repaint. I’ll get some better pictures of his repaired paw as soon as I can find my camera ><

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
      Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Stephanie
      Participant

He looks great!

Hannah
        Participant

Thanks Stephanie πŸ˜€

Wampus Dragon
          Participant

I like OW repaints. I’d like to see what he turns out to be.

Kelly
            Participant

Nice job with the repair. Can’t wait to see the repaint of this guy!

Hannah
              Participant

Thanks guys πŸ˜€

Here are a couple more up close and personal pictures of the repair – you can see how my scales are rougher than Melody’s, but this won’t bother me since it will be repainted and probably very hard to see eventually πŸ™‚

I will post pics of the repaint (once it’s done, eventually) if I get Jennifer’s OK – if not, I’d be happy to share them with people off the forum πŸ™‚

Adaneth
                Participant

Looks fantastic to me! πŸ™‚

Hannah
                  Participant

My most recent repair –
                    This Amethyst Male was once Griffinlovers – some of you may remember the tragedy that she had with her shelves breaking. She gave this male to me so I could practice my repairs, and practice I did! Here are some before and after pics. he’s not perfect but I am learning!

His head’s crest was hanging on by the paint, as well as a giant chunk out of the tail – it looks cracked in the pictures but it was actually broken all the way through, hanging by the felt pad. He had several big chips in his tail and his kneecap was broken off.

Before

After

Stephanie
                    Participant

Awesome job! I can’t even tell. πŸ˜€

lamortefille
                      Participant

Wonderful job, Hannah! I can’t tell either.

Hannah
                        Participant

Aw, thank you very much guys πŸ˜€

drag0nfeathers
                          Participant

Wow! The color match is PERFECT!

Got a busted Windstone?
                            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                            Siphlophis Male Dragon
                            Calypso Hatching Empress
                            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                            Tattoo Mother Kirin
                            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Carolyn
                            Participant

Your good at repairs . At least this way they are saved and not tossed away . Given a new life .

Misty
                              Participant

Wow, awesome job! I never would have guessed that poor guy was that battered before you got ahold of him :bigsmile:

Hannah
                                Participant

Thanks very much guys!

Wow! The color match is PERFECT!

XD there’s a reason for that! Someone suggested that I email Melody and see if she wouldn’t mind sending me a little bit of the amethyst’s paint. She sent me a few little vials of it πŸ™‚ It was very thin (I’m sure for airbrushing) but after several coats it started to look pretty much spot on πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.