fbpx

Had to ask . How about a bad pony/ pegasus with bat wings .

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Had to ask . How about a bad pony/ pegasus with bat wings .

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Christine
    Participant

Haha, I had to go to my 10-year-old Side 7 gallery but I knew this existed on the web somewhere…Hippocampus!

http://www.side7.com/image.cgim?image_id=212740

๐Ÿ™‚

Adaneth
      Participant

That’s adorable, chrisherself! ๐Ÿ™‚

Pam

Art by Gerald Brom

Carolyn
          Participant

That pic is amazing . A bat winged horse . Prefect .

Melody
            Keymaster

OOOOOOHHH

Carolyn
              Participant

I’m made bats sense I was in grade school . First ones out of felt and stuffing . Now out of fake fur /stuffing . I love them .
                When Jaws came out I made a white shark out of felt and stuffing . He’s yellowed over the years , but I’m still amazed that he looks so much like a shark . He’s only about 4in long .

Rachel
                Participant

Scenceable made a bat-winged horse:
                  http://www.windstoneeditions.com/forum/unicorn-sculptures-0?page=1#comment-763943

I just love what she does with her sculptures.

Shandi
                  Participant

Here’s one I did, His body is a Breyer horse, had lots of stuff done to him and the wings are robbed off a broken toy I got for .25
                    Photobucket
                    Photobucket

Carolyn
                    Participant

Nicely done .

WolfenMachine
                      Participant

WOW he is very cool! Did you paint him yourself?

Shandi
                        Participant

Sculpted and painted him. I removed his existing mane and tail and then lifted one leg slightly, scilpted new mane,tail,leg feathers then set the wings into the body with a wire and sculpted over the joint to strenthen the area and make it flow more naturally. He was painted with a special glass paint to achieve the jewel look to his scales. He was fun and a challange.

Heather
                          Participant

Ah Shandi, that guy’s fabulous. The way you blended the wings into the body worked really well; much better than Breyer did with their Merlin “dragon horse”. The colors are marvellous. That particular mold has its little quirks, but here you’ve either made them work for you, or given them a gentle cosmetic touch (i.e., how you handled the shape of the muzzle by bringing the forelock down just a little further). This horse looks like he always intended to have bat wings and spikes! Beautiful job! ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.