Griffin Paint Schemes

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Griffin Paint Schemes

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    icewing726
    Participant

Hello again, had a few questions.

1) Why are all the Griffin bodies solid color? I bought a snow leopard frost test paint a while ago mainly because the body had detail added to it. I see a lot of really cool colors on the wing but then the body is a solid color. I’m sure a lot of people like that, any chance of doing some with some flare?

2) A while back a marketing class was supposed to help Windstone as a class project. I participated in the survey but hadn’t heard if that helped or not?

3) This is for anyone really. Nightcrow mentioned in the Ebay forum that they were excited for the Atlantis production version. Is there a thread that announces this?

Appreciate your time, and really admire your sculpting and painting skills.

etruscan
      Participant

(3) The announcement about the “Atlantis” color scheme was part of the description for ebay pieces. On December 30 it was quoted in the “2021 ebay Auction Picture Thread”:

If anyone missed it – the “Atlantis” Riser has a “Production Note” as part of his description:

“PRODUCTION NOTE: We will likely be making Limited Production dragons in a color similar to this in the future!
        Dragons in a very similar color scheme will most likely be available in our store at some point. The color scheme WILL differ slightly from these Atlantis test paints. For instance, the Limited Production version of this color is planned to have gold detailing instead of copper, won’t have copper colored horns, may have less copper on the wings, and may have less detailing in general to make them faster to paint.”

merrillannwhite
        Participant

1). The Ocelot griffins have spotted bodies. I’m hoping for a restock of them. Mainly the patterned color schemes take more time to paint so they don’t end up as production pieces. For some eye candy, look at the pictures in the eBay gallery.

04E3EA6D-0A77-4767-BED3-2ECAEA8F88B8

Setsunawolf
          Participant

I’m not sure the Ocelot male griffins will ever restock. The original batch were signed by Melody, and Windstone retired all pieces that Melody signed except eBay and GB pieces.

I’m pretty comfortable saying the bodies are usually a solid color for production pieces because it makes them easier and faster to paint.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
            Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
            Sun Dragon Koi #3

Natasha
            Participant

I’d love to see your “snow leopard frost” test paint. I didn’t even know it existed!

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
              ANY Red Eyed Unis
              ANY Test Paint Bat
              UNIS:
              The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
              Male- Snow Leopard TP
              White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
              Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
              Mother: Okapi
              Gothic - Mahogany
              PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
              DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Melody
              Keymaster

Hello again, had a few questions.

1) Why are all the Griffin bodies solid color? I bought a snow leopard frost test paint a while ago mainly because the body had detail added to it. I see a lot of really cool colors on the wing but then the body is a solid color. I’m sure a lot of people like that, any chance of doing some with some flare?

2) A while back a marketing class was supposed to help Windstone as a class project. I participated in the survey but hadn’t heard if that helped or not?

3) This is for anyone really. Nightcrow mentioned in the Ebay forum that they were excited for the Atlantis production version. Is there a thread that announces this?

Appreciate your time, and really admire your sculpting and painting skills.

Oops! Sorry, I didn’t see your questions!
                1) Why are griffin bodies sollid color.. Most are, it makes them easier to paint.
                2) Sure, it was interesting to find out info about the people that buy out stuff! We didn’t really know who-all bought dragons!
                3) I thought the Atlantis color was nice, and I felt it could fill a spot in our color assortment, but right now we can’t keep up with the colors we have! -so it will remain a possible future color.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.