Green dragon, blue eyes?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Green dragon, blue eyes?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    merrillannwhite
    Participant

Melody, right now there is a female dragon in the old green on eBay.  It looks like the darker version of the old green.  However it has blue eyes and gems.  Someone added a green felt pad to the bottom, so you can’t tell if it is one of the old ones with no pad and a stamp.  Did you ever do any of these with blue eyes?  The paint job looks about right.  Do you think it might be a repaint?

Skylover
      Participant

There are a few legitimate old greens with blue eyes, but they are extremely rare.  However fakes of this color with blue eyes are extremely common.  You can tell the fakes by the green felt on the bottom, the bulging blue eyes (which are actually plastic), and the light purple gems.  If you look closely at the pictures, you will often notice that there are bubbles in the plaster, certain parts are mishapen, and the paint jobs are not as good.

I’m pretty familiar with these fakes (I own one), and the one on ebay is definitely a fake.

Zexious
        Participant

Good things to keep out for, Skylover. I’ll have to keep all that in mind while shopping on eBay!

merrillannwhite
          Participant

Thanks.  I put a notice in the fraudulent items thread.

Melody
            Keymaster

If that dragon has a green felt pad it is almost certainly a fake. It IS possible that there are a few REAL blue eyed old green dragons out there, but not with green pad.  I know the knock off  dragon  you are talking about , they are painted just like our old green dragons, but are made of resin. The ones I have seen have bulging, blue plastic eyes.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.