fbpx

Grab Bag Pricing

Home Forums Windstone Editions Grab Bags Grab Bag Pricing

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    John
    Keymaster

I think that I should insert my two cents into the pricing questions. Although we have not settled on a price for the Young Unicorns, all the prices for whatever Melody paints just have to go up. If she is going to take time away from sculpting and product development, which is the driving force of the business, it has to have a return at least equal to the cost. It’s sort of like have a part time artist employed instead of the full time artist that we need, and I don’t know how long she can keep this up. Now, don’t take this wrongly, she does definitely enjoy the intimate connection to her fan base, and all of us at Windstone are enjoying the opportunity to run this extraordinary business. I mean, who else on earth has customers who would argue for a price increase?. Anyway, it is a serious amount of work and frustration to keep going in this economy and we must make it balance out.

By the way, the grab bag idea started out as just a kind of fun deviation from our regular sales. Something for entertainment really, and I don’t think that we gave the consequences of it and what the true costs would be, especially in Melody’s time, much thought.

We are still struggling here just to break even at the end of the month and we have not been able to take any money out of this business in many years. Sure, that sounds crazy, and it would make us look like complete lunatics if you knew how much money we have put into it in the last eight years, so I won’t even go there. One day, hopefully, we can sit back and laugh and tell the whole story, which will include the dedication of all of you, Windstone collectors worldwide, but right now we don’t have the time for anything but work, and the scratching of heads in trying to figure out if there is a path somewhere that will actually take us forward.

I hear you John and I WANT Windstone to price these and any other item you sell where their value should be, in consideration of time, effort, product costs etc. You DESERVE as a business to make profit on your products….after all…..you are a BUSINESS. A remarkably kind and generous business I might add. Beyond customer expectation every time!!!

I believe that first and foremost you are a business and one that works very hard to provide a much loved product to all of your collectors and you go above and beyond most any other business to give the fans what they ask for. You and Melody and the whole crew at Windstone DESERVE every penny and more that you get for these pieces.

If I can afford a piece I will be more that grateful I have the opportunity to have it in my home, and if I cannot afford it, I will cheer on those who can. I want to see your company SURVIVE and THRIVE so that you are still here with “open arms” so to speak when my children are old enough to carry on collecting. You have no idea how much joy you have brought to my family, from me fulfilling a dream to one day owning a Peacock Emp to the joy on my children’s faces the first time they saw a Poad…Toad!! Melody creates DREAMS and fulfills childhood fantasies. My children dream bigger and better and are carried on wings because of your dragons that fill my home.

Thank you to you and Melody and every person who works so hard and gives to each and every one of us out here so many beautiful works of art painted with passion, artistic ingenuity and beauty.

We will be hear to collect and you as a business charge what they are WORTH and we will come up with the money or keep dreaming that one day we will get that illusive piece. I waited 28 yrs to get my Emp!!! If we are meant to have them they will come to us.

THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for all that each and everyone of you do everyday to bring these sculpts to our homes.

BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO

I hear you John and I WANT Windstone to price these and any other item you sell where their value should be, in consideration of time, effort, product costs etc. You DESERVE as a business to make profit on your products….after all…..you are a BUSINESS. A remarkably kind and generous business I might add. Beyond customer expectation every time!!!

I believe that first and foremost you are a business and one that works very hard to provide a much loved product to all of your collectors and you go above and beyond most any other business to give the fans what they ask for. You and Melody and the whole crew at Windstone DESERVE every penny and more that you get for these pieces.

If I can afford a piece I will be more that grateful I have the opportunity to have it in my home, and if I cannot afford it, I will cheer on those who can. I want to see your company SURVIVE and THRIVE so that you are still here with “open arms” so to speak when my children are old enough to carry on collecting. You have no idea how much joy you have brought to my family, from me fulfilling a dream to one day owning a Peacock Emp to the joy on my children’s faces the first time they saw a Poad…Toad!! Melody creates DREAMS and fulfills childhood fantasies. My children dream bigger and better and are carried on wings because of your dragons that fill my home.

Thank you to you and Melody and every person who works so hard and gives to each and every one of us out here so many beautiful works of art painted with passion, artistic ingenuity and beauty.

We will be hear to collect and you as a business charge what they are WORTH and we will come up with the money or keep dreaming that one day we will get that illusive piece. I waited 28 yrs to get my Emp!!! If we are meant to have them they will come to us.

THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for all that each and everyone of you do everyday to bring these sculpts to our homes.

BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO

HEAR HEAR!! WOOO,

twindragonsmum
      Participant

I absolutely concur with what branzy has (she said it better than I could!) Thank you so much for the people and company that you are!!! I wish there were something I could do from home to help you succeed in the things you want to do 🙂

twindragonsmum

tdm

Setsunawolf
        Participant

DITTO!

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
          Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
          Sun Dragon Koi #3

dragonmedley
          Participant

The idea behind A Dragon Medley came from Melody’s dragons.

Needless to say, I absolutely want the source of my inspiration to remain and thrive… and inspire me some more!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Melissa
            Participant

Branzyboo said it all.

I forget where I saw my first Windstone, but do remember that I was young, and my jaw dropped. A few years later, I won a scuffed up Mother Peacock on Ebay, my first Windstone.

If you guys would like us to brainstorm, give feedback, or anything else, please just let us know.

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

Branzy pretty much covered it all! We all want Windstone to thrive and we love you guys from the bottom of our hearts <3

Got a busted Windstone?
                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Chloe
                Participant

Branzy pretty much covered it all! We all want Windstone to thrive and we love you guys from the bottom of our hearts <3

Yep, yep!! Thank you so much for even considering to make grab bags! Such a wonderful, inventive idea that must take so much time and effort on everyone’s part. I just want you to know I deeply appreciate everything WS does for me as a consumer. I have never experienced better customer service, and I still cannot believe Melody GIVES AWAY one of her special pieces every month!!

Thank you again for everything.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.