fbpx

Grab Bag items poll!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Grab Bags Grab Bag items poll!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

EDIT:
      Melody has spoken!

Sorry!
      utf8 didn’t think these would sell out that quickly!
      I didn’t want to do one-per-customer on these grab bag things because, if it was me, and if I had any money, I’d want to buy a couple and sell or trade one if I didn’t want both.

This would make lots of extras circulating among members and possibly allow non-monetary bartering so folks who are rich in talent but short of cash at the moment could maybe get one? Just a thought.

You can still vote if you want, but seeing as how these are made by Melody and she has final say, that’s the way it is. 🙂
      We know that the grab bag stuff has been pretty popular. How do you feel about this issue?
      Click here to cast your vote.

The poll is hosted off-site because: 1. We (currently) don’t have a way to make polls on this new forum and 2. Even people not signed in to their accounts can vote.

This is a touchy subject for some so please play nice!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

scenceable
      Participant

one or two per customer might help a bit. But I mean, if someone bought 3 because they love unicorns and really wanted several, which I’m sure people did, I don’t see it as a big deal. I would be bothered by someone buying a bunch to resell them or just because they were signed or something. I voted 2 per customer since I think that’s fair to both people who want more than 1, and people who get upset when others buy a bunch.

edit: I meant to post that in the forum topic not the poll topic, oops xD

Mmloda
        Participant

I feel that two per individual is more than enough, at least for the first 3 or 4 batches, so that way everyone has a chance to get at least one or two!

Marzena

Wampus Dragon
          Participant

I voted 2 per customer since I think that’s fair to both people who want more than 1, and people who get upset when others buy a bunch.

I agree with this sentiment. If you are limited to only 2 per batch, you can theoretically get 2 more the next batch if you wanted a lot. But it gives others more of a chance to get just one if they wanted just one.

etruscan
            Participant

I voted for “no more than three” which I think would still permit imposing a limit of one or two but, if Windstone choose, they could allow three for people who really want special pieces and can’t do ebay. I notice that so far the earlier pieces have NOT showed up on ebay, so the motive for the fast sell outs seems to be pent-up demand, not profit seeking.

Hannah
              Participant

I think for NOW, one per customer! These are obviously incredibly popular, and until people get a chance to get one I feel like it’s the only fair way to do it at the moment. Once there have been a couple of batches I can see lifting the limitation, but for people like me who have missed every “grab bag” and would still REALLY like to get just one, I can’t see how it would be fair for another customer to get several simply because they were in the store at the right time :/

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Kujacker
                Participant

Since I can’t afford any of these anyway, this poll really doesn’t apply to me. However, if I had the chance to get something from a grab bag, I’d probably say one per customer. Why? Because if there are only 40 items, but 20 people buy two each… then they’re gone. Now imagine only having 20 items… all there needs to be is 10 people wanting two.
                  20 people may not seem like that big a deal, but when the forum has 1000+ members… think about that.
                  I think if we are talking in terms of being fair to all buyers or those that want one of these, a one per customer limit would be the fairest. At least for the first day or two. If there are still some left after that, then more can be bought by those that already purchased.

What KuJacker said 🙂

Syn
                  Participant

I voted to be able to purchase two per offering to save on shipping, not having to buy one at two different times. I don’t know how many times the Goof-ups were offered, but I know the Grab-Bag Babies have been offered at least three times now. Everyone doesn’t want one. For instance, I don’t like the Young Unicorns and didn’t get any; I do, however, like the Baby unis. Unless there are no plans to offer a piece more than once, I see no problem with a limit of two per customer.

Skeeterdeee
                    Participant

I have completely missed things that DID have the one per customer rule, but I voted against the one per customer on the Grab Bags because as long as there’s a demand, Windstone can thrive, right? So far, nobody has purchased a ton of them just to hold them for ransom on ebay. They SEEM to be going to good homes: to people who love them for their beauty, not their value. Since this has been the case, I don’t see the harm in buying more than one. <3

I think for NOW, one per customer! These are obviously incredibly popular, and until people get a chance to get one I feel like it’s the only fair way to do it at the moment. Once there have been a couple of batches I can see lifting the limitation, but for people like me who have missed every “grab bag” and would still REALLY like to get just one, I can’t see how it would be fair for another customer to get several simply because they were in the store at the right time :/

^^^ This. I’ve missed all the batches, and check the store regularly. I don’t have the time to try and hook up with other forum members to get limited pieces. I’m in the minority who just want ONE of a piece like this.

They did this for some time with the PYOs so that everyone who wanted one could get one, so why not these pieces which have proven themselves to be wildly popular? Once it gets to where they actually sit in the store for more than a few minutes, any restriction could be lifted. After all, Miss Melody is going to get tired of painting all these eventually I would think.

drag0nfeathers
                      Participant

I voted based on this as well, not that I’m against one per customer either. Not unlimited though, at least not for a grab bag of basically “One of a Kinds” in my opinion.

Got a busted Windstone?
                        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                        Siphlophis Male Dragon
                        Calypso Hatching Empress
                        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                        Tattoo Mother Kirin
                        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Andrea
                        Participant

I’m odd man out… I voted buy as many as you want. I don’t get the “it’s not fair” mentality. I totally missed out on the youngs and said ARGH! but I’m happy for people that got them and hopefully there will be more.
                          But in the end, it’s Windstone’s decision and their headache to police. It’s awesome they even thought to do it.

scenceable
                          Participant

Maybe they could do a poll thingy before the grab bags hit the store, like “if we did grab bag ___s, and charged ____ for them, would you buy, how many would you buy” something like that. So that way, they could sort of gauge interest before they decide on a limit? Just brainstorming here… xD

Syn
                            Participant

Wait until you want to buy a piece and there are four left in the store. You start to order, and suddenly they are ALL gone, bought in one fell swoop by the same person. And they are not, and have never to this day been restocked. Then the buyer starts putting them up on eBay, at higher prices of course. The buyer bought the entire remaining stock of this item so that the only place to get it was by paying their 25% higher eBay price.

I am actually not against people buying several pieces IF they are for THEMSELVES. So far, people have not been selling on eBay at all, much less at inflated prices. So I voted for two per transaction. If the scalping happens again, I would be all for the one-per-person rule.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.