fbpx

Grab Bag BABY Unicorn Livestream!

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Grab Bag BABY Unicorn Livestream!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    scenceable
    Participant

Like I said on the stream, since some people really want them split, others don’t care…if it isn’t a big hassle to split them up then why not?

I’m pretty concerned about being home when they go in the store… might have to lug my poor old laptop around campus to be able to check! πŸ˜› Hope there’s another stream monday night though :3

Tinks
      Participant

A part of me wants two, (the part that wants a rainbow zebra especially) but one may be more fair. I just don’t want a normal(ish) one. I hope they break it up into a batch of super crazy and calm ones instead of mixing them all up like before.

Pam

The bald-faced one is emerald-violet shift pinto.

Hannah
          Participant

Melody said in the stream that she would be splitting the batches. Also, it was more like taking the few (maybe 10) that were more normal and putting THEM into a normal batch, not actually splitting the entire batch in two. There are still 70ish in this batch as far as I know.

Like scenceable said, if it makes people happy and it’s not a hassle, why not do it? Melody said there will be a normal batch soon anyway so I don’t see why it would be a hassle to pull a few aside and put them in with that one. I think it’s smart, splitting the batches so they’re more appropriately labeled.

I was one of the VERY few people that was totally unhappy with their grab bag Poad when they came out, and NO ONE would trade with me for weeks – when I finally DID get a trade, it was for one that I liked a little, but I still dont love, and STILL TO THIS DAY no one will trade with me. So to say that people will trade for the non-fantasy ones is all good and well, but when it comes down to it in my experience people do not want to actually trade more complicated ones for less complicated ones.

I’m just relating my own experience with it. I do not want that to happen again. If you love the normal colored ones, wait until the normal batch to buy. If you like the super charged fantasy ones, buy from this upcoming batch. Seems to make perfect sense to me!

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
            Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

fatalbeauty
            Participant

Pretty sure Melody said during the livestream she was going to separate them. e.e

edit: nm what I said before, misunderstood…

4 things I'm looking for:
              1. Mother Meerkat
              2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
              3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
              4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

KoishiiKitty
              Participant

I missed it :O. One of these days I’ll catch windstone live stream.

KaytanaPhoenix
                Participant

I missed it :O. One of these days I’ll catch windstone live stream.

you can watch the vid still. It just isn’t “live” anymore πŸ˜‰ That’s how I caught the bits I did before my net failed me.

I personally think if the price is going up because they’re more detailed painting. Then it should only be detailed painting uni’s in the batch.

I like the more mellow ones as well as these crazy ones, but it isn’t at all fair to those who get the more plain ones that payed the extra for the crazy painting. I would rather see 70 go into the batch than be the one who pays $95 (or whatever the price is upped to) for one that matches the previous set, priced at $65.

As I saw someone, somewhere mention before, I would rather be excited to get a crazy one in a more normal batch than be disappointed by a normalish one in a crazy batch

Melody
                  Keymaster

I hope they break it up into a batch of super crazy and calm ones instead of mixing them all up like before.

I agree!
                    As far as I could see in the livestream, there are some that seemed more or less like the last batch (“only” crazy colored but without any stripes or other fancy details like the rest of them). IΒ΄m sure there are people who like the calmer ones better. Maybe there could even be different prizes for the two groups?

I would gladly pay a lot more than the last time for something like this:

but definately not so much more for something like this:

But I fear it would be a bit difficult to put 2 different batches of grab bag in the store at the same time?

That pinto on the bottom looks normal, but he color shifts to bright magenta when you move him around!

Melody
                    Keymaster

I didn’t get the feeling that the really psycho-tie-dye ones were universally well liked… should I separate those out also?
                      This batch is getting smaller… but, even if it is meant to be a game of chance, I want to avoid disappointments!

briteblades
                      Participant

I think you should leave it as is! Surely not everyone likes SUPER crazy ones. I personally ADORE that bald faced color shifting uni. I think we should keep as many unis are possible in this batch, so everyone can get some baby unicorn love! πŸ™‚

Pam

I didn’t get the feeling that the really psycho-tie-dye ones were universally well liked… should I separate those out also?
                          This batch is getting smaller… but, even if it is meant to be a game of chance, I want to avoid disappointments!

Livestream only saved the last 30 minutes of unicorn action. Lets let the forum members see the rest of the herd first πŸ™‚ Maybe some of the other tie-dyes will be more popular.

Kiya
                          Participant

I think the difficulty comes from the fact that once you see the ones with the gorgeous, hand-painted details – the tie-dye ones aren’t as cool any more. πŸ™‚ These remind me more of the baby poads than other unicorns.

These, in general, seem like the type of things that go for at least a couple hundred on ebay, while the tie-dye ones definitely seems more like the other batches, but in funkier colors.

If you DO separate them, I think the limit should definitely be one. If the batch gets smaller, then there’s a limit of 2, only 20 or 30 people will get them which would be unfortunate I think. πŸ™‚

KaytanaPhoenix
                            Participant

If you DO separate them, I think the limit should definitely be one. If the batch gets smaller, then there’s a limit of 2, only 20 or 30 people will get them which would be unfortunate I think. πŸ™‚

Agreed!

‘n color shifting, eh? That does make it quite the cute uni then, I think!
                              I dunno… It’s hard to choose exactly what to do since it is such a small batch, and prices are going up…

Maybe get a photo of ’em all out and a general vote on the lesser fancy ones staying in or waiting for the next round? I think it will be easier to judge the idea of it after seeing what the “normal” ones in this batch actually look like! Maybe they’re fancy enough to not cause disappointment?

KaytanaPhoenix
                              Participant

and if the more normal ones are going to stay in and people find it unfair, price wise (At least if the $95 price is taking any solid consideration) then maybe find a meet in the middle price? goes up to justify the super fancy ones, but stays lower for those getting a not-so fancy one.

I’m trying to think of a non-bias solution with this, so sorry if my rambles seem.. odd XD My bias opinion is keep the fancy in one set and the non fancy in another set, but not everyone feels this way! and I’m leery of the idea of the set being very small!

KaytanaPhoenix
                                Participant

–Edit: Just now found the edit button for posts. I don’t know how I missed it ’till now, but I did! Sorry for the flood of posts! I’d condense them if I could find a *Delete* button /Edit–

If the more normals are removed, and the set becomes too small, what do people think of a hat draw for those who can buy one? – It would help those of us afraid that we’d not be online in that time, and even the odds to all!
                                  Say there are 70 unis? .. Have a price set for them, but then for say, 24hrs, have people submit their names to be drawn (Serious buyers only), then on a livestream do a hat draw for those eligible to buy (1) Baby Uni? (Only major disadvantage is needing to write down all the names x.x) and if there are 70 baby unis then say, draw 75 names, have a batch of backup names, in case after another 24, or maybe 48hrs someone doesn’t complete the order? and have the list posted online, for those who aren’t around for the livestream (or in my case, who’s net tells em to jump in a lake anytime a vid is attempted to be played, lol)

It’s more work, so I dunno if its something ya’ll would actually wanna do, it was just a thought! >.> … Now I’m shutting up πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 64 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.