Goof-up Silver Fledgies

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Goof-up Silver Fledgies

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Heather
    Participant

I know that this batch of Silver Fledgies were an oopsy and that there aren’t any plans to paint more like this . . . but I wanted to speak up and say that I think they’re really pretty. Although I love the regular Silvers, the warm undertone on these is quite handsome, especially combined with the periwinkle eyes. It creates the illusion of a purplish cast to the silver in places, like faint purple-brown shadows; they remind me of bright moonlight shining on a mountainside covered in chaparral. I’m sorry I missed them! [sigh] πŸ™

Falcolf
      Participant

I agree with Barrdwing, they look like they were really lovely! There’s something really pleasing about the colour combination. πŸ™‚ It reminds me of metal, like what you’d see on a medieval sword that has seen dust and whatnot.

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Ela_Hara
        Participant

I generally like the warmer and earthy undertones in pieces as well, and it seems that this Fledgie has a Gun Metal Brass-ish cast, which is appealing to me, and I love the Metallic Periwinkle eyes! Also if what Barrdwing suggests is true about a potential purplish cast, then they will be very pretty indeed! πŸ™‚

Out of curiosity, how many were there?

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
          Zeppard Adult Poads
          Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
          *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

rock-reader
          Participant

When I checked at about 5 pm PST there were 10…

Melody
            Keymaster

I generally like the warmer and earthy undertones in pieces as well, and it seems that this Fledgie has a Gun Metal Brass-ish cast, which is appealing to me, and I love the Metallic Periwinkle eyes! Also if what Barrdwing suggests is true about a potential purplish cast, then they will be very pretty indeed! πŸ™‚

Out of curiosity, how many were there?

Good question for Susie, I’m not sure. They usually paint these in batches of 32.

Kim
              Blocked

I think that version of silver is interesting but I actually like the original silver better with the light blue eyes and I like the sand ones in now even more!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Kiya
                Participant

I think Susie said there were 18 of them.

chibishiro12
                  Participant

Yeah, I don’t think there were very many. I remember looking at them around 5:20ish and there was 8 in stock, then I blinked and they were sold out! πŸ™‚

Looking for-
                    red fire young dragon
                    old animal line frog, wolf, barn owl, tortoise, tiger cub

StormDancer
                    Participant

These are beautiful. By time I got logged into the Windstone page they had all sold out already. Congratulations to those who got one!

Looking for:
                      "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Melody
                      Keymaster

I think Susie said there were 18 of them.

oh

Jennifer
                        Keymaster

I think these are much prettier, as well! I love the warm undertones, like slightly tarnished high quality silver.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                          My art: featherdust.com

I would also like to jump on this bandwagon! I would have spent some of my GB dragon fund to nab one! I was really disappointed, never even saw them in stock lol

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.