Good news!!!

Home Forums Miscellany Happy Thoughts Good news!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Yay Laurie, way to go!

Cyberhorn told me you called and told him about it, I just haven’t had a chance to call yet.

So happy for you though, you needed this break.

Kyrin

LadyFirebird
    Participant

Well, the good news continues. Laurie did give me permission to update–she’s been pretty tired lately. Looking for a job is exhausting and in the beginning, she didn’t quite have this in the bag. She found out she was doing a ‘working’ interview and there was another person they were also considering–much younger person in their 20s. She saw her there to pick up her check with family in tow including a very cute blue-eyed blonde haired baby! The final decision would come from the vet as to which person would get this job.

Well Laurie, with all her critters, I felt was a natural shoe in. It’s hard working with other people’s dogs and you need to let them know whose boss at times. Laurie handles horses–think she can handle one of these dust mop dogs. The gal running the salon liked Laurie because she knew how to handle the dogs and the customers liked her–one gave her a big tip the first day.

Well Laurie did end up getting the job! She is pretty stoked and pretty tired–on her feet from 7:30 to 4:30 approximately. She is off for three days and will be taking a much needed and deserved rest. With this job, she figures along with her other seasonal job that starts in January, she would have eight months of steady employment. So that’s real, real good news–especially in this economy. People still like to have their doggies smelling and looking good! πŸ˜€

Jasmine
      Participant

Woo Hoo!! Way to go Laurie!! πŸ˜€

twindragonsmum
        Participant

Jasmine wrote:

Woo Hoo!! Way to go Laurie!! πŸ˜€

Ditto!!! *tosses confetti while happy dancing*

twindragonsmum 8)

tdm

Sbianchi
          Participant

Congratulations Laurie on your new job!

Mmloda
            Participant

Congrats Laurie..I hope u’re enjoying your new job… πŸ™‚

Marzena

Lokie
              Participant

Congrats!

WolfenMachine
                Participant

WOO HOO!! Congrats Laurie! That’s so awesome! There IS some luck out there to be had πŸ˜‰

Katherine
                  Participant

Congratulations!!!!

darjeb
                    Participant

I keep forgetting tolook at “Happy Thoughts” but Laurie CONGRATULATIONS I am so happy for you

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.