Good intentions gone bad

Home Forums Miscellany Community Good intentions gone bad

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    windstonefan
    Participant

Well this will teach me a about trying to help some out of work people. Put ad on Craigs list here in Michigan. Need some trees trimmed and 2 cut down because the neighbor keep complaining. I trimmed 2 down last year and he went after me 2 weeks later cutting them more. He then left a big mess for me to clean up. The other 2 tree that were a problem because they are allways breaking off in storms leaviving a mess for me to clean up. Plus both were leaning one twards the power lines. Well these 2 boys took care of the trim work preeety good but when they cut into the larger of the 2 trees they cut the mouth the oposite way that it should have been cut. I told them about this and insteaad of correcting it. They started to cut threw it and it twisted itself around taking down the neighbors pine tree front is stripped. Had it been just 1 foot over it would have been my property. This tree is sitting halfway on my property but is not my tree. They got the tree off his property and cleaned uo the mess in 1 day.

I took my mother -in -law out yesterday to a antic show she wanted to see. By the time I came home they had most of the wood cleaned up and had done a replay of the day before on the next tree. Needless to say I almost pooped my pants when I saw it. They had alread tied the tree off to my beautiful berry tree that feeds the deer,squirls and rabbits in the summer time. This was the exception I never wanted that tree touched. But yet the big tree is tied to it. That tree will pull this smaller ut wider tree right out of the ground. I made them stop as this cottonwood will fall right into the power line when she does fall. I couldn’tt sleep last night –so worried if she goes the other way it will get the neighbors garage. Oh my god.

I showed up to the same thing they were cutting the tree wrong again. I sent them out of here as the tree needs to be climbed and cut. They were going to come back today after getting climbing equipment. I couldn’t wait or let them do it. I went down the street got a privare contractor to finish the job. Cost me 700.00 and no worries about that young guy falling out of a half cut tree or the tree breaking off while he climbed it because it is half cut. They came 1 hour after I contacted them and had the tree done in less than I hour. I can sleep tonight. Thank you lord.

I really wanted to help these out of work boys to the tune that when they broke there saw I bought a brand new 20 inch chain saw that cost me 479.00. They were to work this off. I will still let them work it off but not doing any big trees no not that way. But the downed trees in my woods will be a start. On this note I hope that these young men sharpen up.

windstonefan

Well I wish you the best of luck with the rest of the stuff they do. It’s too bad that the professionals cost so much!

windstonefan
      Participant

Well things did not get better. The younger one that answered the ad screwed up the new chain saw. Said he needed to use a screw driver to take of the piece that holds the blade. He actually popped the one piece loose. I tried to put it back on. Called the manufacter –no help. While I did this my saw needed a new spark plug. I took the black holder off and was getting my tools. No this guy say he has the tools–nope not the right one. He used a different one while I was gone to get my tools and ripped the wire right off my chain saw. I came back and he said it just fell apart or it was like that. No it wasn’t like that at all. This my personal little stilth saw 800.00 saw! I took the other new one to the hardware buddy who said it is screwed up. Fine– back to Lowe’s. I get this replaced with another one. Later I go to my friends to have her husband fix my saw. Any where else this hour and a half job of tareing down an replacing that wire plus spark plug would have cost me 150.00 at my friend Shirley’s it was free. Now I start thinking–one tree that cost me 700.00 then my chain saw broken. The other 479.00 saw traded in after he screwed it up, plus one neighbors tree. Well I call this one it’s over. I paid them more than the agreement. They cost me more than a proffessional would have cost. Needless to say I am done with them now. What is next? They drop a back woods tree on my neighbors horses? I can’t trust this guy. Even I can make a tree fall where I want it to. An I fully understand why he has no job. This guy can’t follow simple directions. Before I get sued I think I will finish up the rest myself. Because after cutting 2 trees the wrong way I just have to figure no matter how many times I explain how it should be done. He just does not get it. So I firmly believe that the saying you can’t stop stupid apply’s here.

windstonefan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.