Glass Pumpkin Patch

Home Forums Miscellany Community Glass Pumpkin Patch

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Rylorien
    Participant

One of the things Levi and I did during my 3 week hiatus was to go to a glass pumpkin patch held every year at the Morton Arboretum. I absolutely love blown glass, glass paperweights, and fancy glassware so seeing all these beautiful pieces is always a treat for me! There are literally thousands of them showcased (and for sale!) from artists around the country and in most cases the artists are on-site for you to talk to.

Incoming picture spam…

The first two were really hard to photograph; the blue because of the how the oxidized metals lit up in the light and the green because of the layering of colors from top to bottom.

The pictures are probably fairly large, for which I’m sorry. I did cut them down to a third of their original size but I was also concerned about losing some of the finer details.

Dragoneer_88
      Participant

Those are so pretty! Love them! I could imagine how hard it would be to pick just one or two or three. I especially like the ones with the long, curly stems.

etruscan
        Participant

Lovely – thanks for posting. I think I have seen some of those pumpkins on the “Artful Home” website (they also have a Pumpkin Patch). Someday …

Kim
          Blocked

Wow, those are pretty! I love blown glass as well. I have been wanting to take a glass blowing class myself.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

jmoore
            Participant

Wow! Those are stunning!

Ela_Hara
              Participant

Really Beautiful! Thanks for Sharing! 😀

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                Zeppard Adult Poads
                Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Celestial Rainstorm
                Participant

Those are just gorgeous, and such a cute idea!

Finding happiness again.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.