fbpx

@.@

Home Forums Miscellany Community @.@

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Snapdragon
    Participant

Awww.. I’d forgotten all about being trampled to death by cuddle hugs.

I never go very far! Truth is, I see the Windstone web server every day, on the outside.

A couple years ago now I took a job managing a much larger data center than the one I was doing before. Now I work for one of Canada’s “big telcos”.

It is the same place that was a customer of for many years, so that’s why the server is here. Now, I make sure the entire place runs well, not just a couple of little boxes.

It was certainty a big jump in responsibility, and it’s been keeping me busy.

Also, I am also… now … officially a pilot! And I’m going to hold up my threat about flying to Oregon someday (probably on a return leg from Las Vegas). I’m working on my commercial license now, when I have time. Winter has set in and the winds are bad right now.

The reason I’ve re-appeared is I’ve been house cleaning. I’m getting rid of everything in storage that I haven’t used. And, as some of you know about, there’s this BIG BOX I ordered from Windstone back in 2008 and I STILL HAVE NOT OPENED IT. I don’t remember what is in it anymore. I don’t remember what I own. I’m going to pull the pieces out as I find them, and most likely list them for sale. They’re going to waste in boxes.

Recently I did find two – what I believe to be sconce holders. Originally I mistook them for logostones, but with the wider slots I believe they are meant to hold wall scones.

I poked through some of the threads, I see some people who were gone are back, some are gone, some are in trouble, and some just finished a divorce, ouch. Too bad I can’t edit titles anymore.

The very first forum poster. Gone but not forgotten.

dragonmedley
      Participant

Well, it’s great to know you’re doing good ๐Ÿ™‚

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

We have gone to the Edmonon Comic And Entertainment Expo the last 2 years, and I always wonder if you are hanging around!

Snapdragon
        Participant

Nope. I don’t go to cons, I don’t like large groups of people. I get agitated.

Snapdragon
          Participant

rock-reader
            Participant

Loved the video; thanks! Nightscapes are really interesting – where was this shot? Is there a river or shoreline nearby?

Snapdragon
              Participant

CYXD is the municipal airport in downtown Edmonton, Alberta. It used to have two runways, now it has one, and in a couple weeks it will be closed. Oldest airport in the country, where they trained WWII pilots.

I don’t actually land, but because I am lined up for the runway, I am able to drop power and glide through downtown, since an engine failure would just cause me to land on the runway anyways.

Hey if your flying through canada, wanna sen some aerobars my way? ๐Ÿ˜€

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
                www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
                Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

twindragonsmum
                Participant

Holy smokes, Snappy! Quit foolin’ around with my ‘satiable curiosity and OPEN THE BOX ALREADY!!! You’ve had me on tenterhooks for ages…. *open the box, open the box, open the box* :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

twindragonsmum ๐Ÿ˜‰ :p

tdm

Snapdragon
                  Participant

NO! It’s fun to watch you all squirm.

… and somewhere there is an Old Green Fledgie packed up. I haven’t seen him in a looooong time.

Snapdragon
                    Participant

http://img.betchuk.com/albums/upload/flying/IMG_0706.jpg

LadyFirebird
                      Participant

NO! It’s fun to watch you all squirm.

… and somewhere there is an Old Green Fledgie packed up. I haven’t seen him in a looooong time.

OoooooOOOOOoooooo—I remember you talking about this some time back! I then told you that keeping that little fledgie in a box was fledgie abuse and could be some major offense and you could spend time for it!! But I gave you a way out–you could send it to me and I’d keep my mouth shut! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Keep me in mind when you find it–okay!

And that box you haven’t opened–it will be like Christmas for you to open it and see what you ordered! Amazing–having a Windstone package and never opening it–talk about restraint!

Susie
                        Keymaster

Welcome back! I think the last I heard from you was when you randomly emailed a photo of a huge stack of pancakes dripping with butter and syrup! Missed ya!

Snapdragon
                          Participant

Those pancakes got a few people really wondering about me. That was a week before I accepted the new job ๐Ÿ™‚

Snapdragon
                            Participant

Heh, so yeah that box is still sitting downstairs somewhere. I think it’s over 8 years old now.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.