fbpx

GB's artwork – Illumination No. 1

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion GB's artwork – Illumination No. 1

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    Andrea
    Participant

LOL, I love your imagination! Toucans are very cool birds! I’d love to see that in color!

Purplecat
      Participant

I think he turned out pretty neat! ๐Ÿ™‚

twindragonsmum
        Participant

Me too! ๐Ÿ™‚

twindragonsmum ๐Ÿ™‚

tdm

Maria
          Participant

Phoenix wrote:

LOL, I love your imagination! Toucans are very cool birds! I’d love to see that in color!

Yeah, it would be pretty gaudy in color. Unfortunately, most of my pencils – and all the colors I’d need for this guy – are little stumps, and I’m not well-versed enough in GIMP to color it digitally.

Starbreeze
            Participant

Hey GB!!! Don’t forget I’d love a sketch sometime too. ๐Ÿ˜€

Maria
              Participant

Yes’m. I’ve got a hippogriff lined up after my current WIP is done, and then I’m going to do something based on BDW’s fleeing woodpecker… And if anybody wants to see anything in particular, say so! ๐Ÿ˜‰

SPark
                Participant

Those are really nice. I think I like the seahorse and the chickadee griffin the best so far.

twindragonsmum
                  Participant

Hey GB! Do you do any work in color and have you any way to post it? I’d luuurrrrrv to see what you do with color! ๐Ÿ˜€

twindragonsmum ๐Ÿ˜€

tdm

Maria
                    Participant

I’ve done a few things in color, but those were quite a while ago. The problem is that all my colored pencils are little stumps, and I haven’t gotten any replacements yet. Not to mention color takes way longer than black and white… ๐Ÿ˜› No, I actually like working in color, but I gotta get into the city sometime and buy some pencils. (I used to paint a lot, but now it’s all pencil work.)

twindragonsmum
                      Participant

I know how that is (stubby pencils ๐Ÿ™‚ ) Working in color takes me forever… and since I don’t have a lot of ‘forever’ (read that as time ๐Ÿ˜€ ) I haven’t done any major drawing since the boys were born ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ We’ve got a ton of colored pencils floating around the house. If they’re not too ‘stubby’ shall I send them to you? ๐Ÿ˜€

twindragonsmum ๐Ÿ˜€

tdm

Maria
                        Participant

This has been done for quite a while; I just haven’t posted it yet.
                          It was a pain to figure out how to place the equine legs and I’m still not happy with the pose. Meh.

I also did a winged horse based on BDW’s fleeing woodpecker, but didn’t end up stippling the wings like I should have so I want to redo it before I post it.

SPark
                          Participant

I like this one. The wings particularly came out really nicely!

Maybe on the legs you could have them more drawn up, like a horse that’s jumping? It’d also look similar to how birds hold their legs up when they fly, so it might work. Just a thought. ๐Ÿ™‚

Adaneth
                            Participant

Nice work–I like the detailing on the wings! ๐Ÿ™‚

Andrea
                              Participant

You do such great work! I see what you’re saying with the legs. I think with the position of the hawk’s legs, you’ve got the position of the horse’s legs the only place that fits. If the hawk’s legs had been held up to his chest, you could have gotten more action out of the horse’s legs, or vice versa.
                                I still love it though! Great work!

Maria
                                Participant

SPark wrote:

Maybe on the legs you could have them more drawn up, like a horse that’s jumping? It’d also look similar to how birds hold their legs up when they fly, so it might work. Just a thought. ๐Ÿ™‚

With merit. I’m sure I tried it out, too. But no matter which way I sketched in the legs, they never looked right. Maybe if I’d left them more angled it’d at least look less wrong than this. I don’t know. I guess I was just missing something when I sketched it out. I’m sure the position of the tail is partly to blame too.
                                  But thank you all for liking it anyway. ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 102 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.