Gargoyles and stone beasties.

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Gargoyles and stone beasties.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    WeRePaNtHeR
    Participant

Hi Y’all –

I’m trying to collect all the Windstone gargoyles – including the ones that have been out of production for awhile. Anyone have a checklist or willing to help me create one to use in collecting efforts?

Also a few more questions please:

Any chance of the mother griffin gargoyle being released for production sale? (I’ve seen the fab test paints on Ebay of her but see the sculpt is not under the gargoyle store section.)

Is there a large panther gargoyle or one in the works?

Is the unicorn gargoyle and hyena gargoyle ever going to come back in stock?

It would be cool to see the peeping eyes hatching gargoyle with different eye colors besides orange. Not that orange isn’t a nice color, – just in case someone wants a little rock pile of them it’d be like they where individuals if they had different eye colors sometimes, or even different “stone” eggs textures/colorations.

Is the gargoyle interest kind of in a slump compared to the other Windstone sculpts, will new gargoyle sculpts ever come about?

Forever seeking: plum, chili pepper, and tattoo oriental dragons and kirins.

Aggie83
      Participant

“a little rock pile of them” that included different eye colors and different textures – love it.

etruscan
        Participant

Have you checked Astral Castle? They are one of the most useful sites, in my opinion, if you don’t mind scrolling to find information. (Or just like to poke around and see what pieces look like.) You would need to compile the information yourself, though.

http://www.astralcastle.com/windstone/wsframe.htm

WeRePaNtHeR
          Participant

πŸ™‚

darjeb
            Participant

I only have one Gargoyle Dragon and that is the large (the size of an Emperor) and he is blue and I think he was a Limited Production item so I can’t help you very much

WeRePaNtHeR
              Participant

Thanks for the info. guys. I didn’t know about the Astral Castle site, it was helpful.
                I know there was another dragon gargoyle out – I used to have one back in the day and gave it to a friend before I got into Windstones who collected dragons. Not sure what it’s title was. It was smaller than the dragon that is available now for sale and was sitting. I think it had open wings.
                I’m sure I can come across it for sale used on Ebay sometime or scouting around yet to recollect.
                Quality gargoyles are actually pretty tricky to find online from my shopping experiences it’s so nice that Windstone has such solid ones that are authentic looking/feeling unlike the cheaper resin ones that are often lacking in detail or more cartoonish somehow or not quite right. It would be cute to have a gargoyle family painted cool like the dragons and griffins have. A set that looks like it has busted out of it’s stone and is alive. Probably quite the sculpt undertaking though I imagine and gargoyles just aren’t as popular as some other critters – kind of a specialty niche market.

Melody
                Keymaster

Thanks for the info. guys. I didn’t know about the Astral Castle site, it was helpful.
                  I know there was another dragon gargoyle out – I used to have one back in the day and gave it to a friend before I got into Windstones who collected dragons. Not sure what it’s title was. It was smaller than the dragon that is available now for sale and was sitting. I think it had open wings.
                  I’m sure I can come across it for sale used on Ebay sometime or scouting around yet to recollect.
                  Quality gargoyles are actually pretty tricky to find online from my shopping experiences it’s so nice that Windstone has such solid ones that are authentic looking/feeling unlike the cheaper resin ones that are often lacking in detail or more cartoonish somehow or not quite right. It would be cute to have a gargoyle family painted cool like the dragons and griffins have. A set that looks like it has busted out of it’s stone and is alive. Probably quite the sculpt undertaking though I imagine and gargoyles just aren’t as popular as some other critters – kind of a specialty niche market.

There are several gargoyles that we haven’t made for awhile…gosh, I can’t even remember all of them!
                  We may produce any of them again in the future, probably in different color schemes.
                  Probably the rarest are the 2 lighted cat gargoyle bookends. Those didn’t sell worth beans. Oh well!

Melody
                  Keymaster

Hi Y’all –

I’m trying to collect all the Windstone gargoyles – including the ones that have been out of production for awhile. Anyone have a checklist or willing to help me create one to use in collecting efforts?

Also a few more questions please:

Any chance of the mother griffin gargoyle being released for production sale? (I’ve seen the fab test paints on Ebay of her but see the sculpt is not under the gargoyle store section.)

Probably not in the original stone finish. She hasn’t been officially retired in that color ( I don’t think), but …eh… boring.

Is there a large panther gargoyle or one in the works?

I have stopped making new gargoyles. The “stone” finish is too much of a pain in the tail to create and stain …and it looks so easy…

Is the unicorn gargoyle and hyena gargoyle ever going to come back in stock?

The unicorn gargoyle gets painted in small batches from time to time. We make them in antique white now, not the brown stone finish. They look nicer white.

It would be cool to see the peeping eyes hatching gargoyle with different eye colors besides orange.
                    Not that orange isn’t a nice color, – just in case someone wants a little rock pile of them it’d be like they where individuals if they had different eye colors sometimes, or even different “stone” eggs textures/colorations.

That would be cute!

Is the gargoyle interest kind of in a slump compared to the other Windstone sculpts?

Yeah, maybe, but only compared to what it was for awhile! Our Gargoyle dragons, cats, owls, unicorns and wolves still sell ok.

will new gargoyle sculpts ever come about?

I don’t have plans to do any new ones. I prefer to not to make any new stone finish pieces, but you never know!

WeRePaNtHeR
                    Participant

Hi Melody, πŸ™‚

Thanks for all the helpful info. and updates!

I love your work as so many do but still thought you’d like to hear it one more time! I can see myself becoming a Poad hoarder. I just want to pinch their little fat buttums.

KaytanaPhoenix
                      Participant

Ah, too bad I never got a photo of him, I had this guy a bit over a year ago, I gave him to my brother since he really liked him and I didn’t have the space for all my gargoyles.. my brother got the stone finished wizard as well, I got a great deal, 5 for $100 I think it was, most needed repaired, but I still loved them… I still have the hyena (which is gorgeous in person, I didn’t expect to keep him and fell in love as soon as I saw him!) And I have the big dragon and the uni in stone finish… I have since added the dragon bookends to my stone finished collection, they’re all very lovely πŸ™‚

Keep an eye on ebay, they all tend to show up from time to time πŸ™‚

WeRePaNtHeR
                        Participant

Ah, too bad I never got a photo of him, I had this guy a bit over a year ago, I gave him to my brother since he really liked him and I didn’t have the space for all my gargoyles.. my brother got the stone finished wizard as well, I got a great deal, 5 for $100 I think it was, most needed repaired, but I still loved them… I still have the hyena (which is gorgeous in person, I didn’t expect to keep him and fell in love as soon as I saw him!) And I have the big dragon and the uni in stone finish… I have since added the dragon bookends to my stone finished collection, they’re all very lovely πŸ™‚

I found him on Ebay and have put in a bid! I hope I get him!

I have the small panther, pig, critic and dragon bk ends, gargolingus, and hatching garg so far myelf. I just ordered a garg claw candle holder too. I really want a hyena garg next or test paint momma griff.

KaytanaPhoenix
                          Participant

I have the small panther, pig, critic and dragon bk ends, gargolingus, and hatching garg so far myelf. I just ordered a garg claw candle holder too. I really want a hyena garg next or test paint momma griff.

I was hoping you spotted him! πŸ™‚ He came up in good timing! Lol.
                            Quite the collection so far! πŸ™‚ I’ve found a sudden fondness to the owl bookends, though I don’t know what I’d do with a second set of bookends (I adore my dragon set) lol… I also really want the small wolf! My mom has the large candlelamp wolf, it’s a truly beautiful piece!
                            I hope to someday see more test paints on the small gargoyle wolf, the ones I’ve seen from the past are so pretty!

WeRePaNtHeR
                            Participant

I was hoping you spotted him! πŸ™‚ He came up in good timing! Lol.
                              Quite the collection so far! πŸ™‚ I’ve found a sudden fondness to the owl bookends, though I don’t know what I’d do with a second set of bookends (I adore my dragon set) lol… I also really want the small wolf! My mom has the large candlelamp wolf, it’s a truly beautiful piece!
                              I hope to someday see more test paints on the small gargoyle wolf, the ones I’ve seen from the past are so pretty!

Yeah, what a coincidence, I hope I’ll get him! I want to get the owl bk ends one day yet too, they are really neat. I would like the peeking claw/eye postponed production ends too. I have a lot of books so I like that I get a Windstone collectible plus it’s functional! I really am selective what I collect but must sound like I want the whole store sometimes – just so much good stuff here! Ha.
                              If I see any small garg wolf test paints I’ll try to remember to give you a heads up about them sometime. It’s always fun to get something OOAK. My best friend adores wolves I should get her some from here someday really I bet she’d flip!

Mercury Star
                              Participant

There are a lot of gargoyles, candlelamps, and stone critters that I would love to get my hands on, I really like them. I too, want the owl bookends! As of right now I have the Bad Cat, Good Cat, Happy Cat (big one), Grimilkin, Gargolingus, Gargoyle egg with claws, Gargoyle egg with eyes, Inner Light Dragon (stone finish), Dragon Gargoyle (second hand, and needing some TLC), and Hatching Gargoyle (same condition as the Dragon Gargoyle).

WeRePaNtHeR
                                Participant

There are a lot of gargoyles, candlelamps, and stone critters that I would love to get my hands on, I really like them. I too, want the owl bookends! As of right now I have the Bad Cat, Good Cat, Happy Cat (big one), Grimilkin, Gargolingus, Gargoyle egg with claws, Gargoyle egg with eyes, Inner Light Dragon (stone finish), Dragon Gargoyle (second hand, and needing some TLC), and Hatching Gargoyle (same condition as the Dragon Gargoyle).

Cool!
                                  I have:
                                  roaring sentinel
                                  pig
                                  panther
                                  Gargolingus
                                  Soon black Autumn momma griff gargoyle test paint
                                  Hatcher dragon gargoyle
                                  Dragon ends
                                  Critic ends
                                  Soon 1999 dragon small garg
                                  Pending payment for uni garg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.