Game of Thrones Dragons !

Home Forums Miscellany Community Game of Thrones Dragons !

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Amstaff
    Participant

So my awesome guy got me this for Christmas, and I was completely blown away and surprised! The parcel arrived late, so I got to open this last night for New years ! These guys are awesome, and I didnt know they even existed. They will look wonderful with my Khaleesi bust he got me last year πŸ˜‰

Kim
      Blocked

Very cool! That’s interesting they don’t have arms but are neat looking dragons!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

etruscan
        Participant

Very cool! That’s interesting they don’t have arms but are neat looking dragons!

I think technically they are wyverns (two back legs and a pair of wings). A while back there was a discussion about wyverns vs dragons with four legs. Somebody pointed out that dragons with four legs and two wings presumably evolved from a six-legged ancestor, so I suppose we would only have wyverns in this world.

Edit – here is the thread if anybody cares. I thought it was interesting. πŸ™‚

http://windstoneeditions.com/forum/two-legged-dragons-99-movies-whats

etruscan
          Participant

And … I got distracted by the discussion (as usual) and forgot to say that those are very nice critters. What a great gift!

Amstaff
            Participant

Interesting…. its something I really didnt pick up on with these figures, guess its cause I knew thats what Game of Thrones Dragons looked like. Wyverns, yes, very cool ! I specifically remember seeing such things in world of warcraft when I played, these long snake-like creatures, red, with gorgeous wings, flying around in snowy areas chasing you down, lol !! Some wyverns dont even have any legs, just wings πŸ˜‰

Thanks for the link to that thread, I find this stuff very interesting πŸ™‚

I think technically they are wyverns (two back legs and a pair of wings). A while back there was a discussion about wyverns vs dragons with four legs. Somebody pointed out that dragons with four legs and two wings presumably evolved from a six-legged ancestor, so I suppose we would only have wyverns in this world.

Edit – here is the thread if anybody cares. I thought it was interesting. πŸ™‚

http://windstoneeditions.com/forum/two-legged-dragons-99-movies-whats

I watched this interesting scifi documentary that hypothesized that if dragons evolved into sea creatures to survive the extintion, upon evolving back to land, any evolved bony fins could have evolved back into wings over generations, thus creating 6 limbs, form four. πŸ˜› Fun one, ill have to find a link.

found it

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
              www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
              Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Interesting…. its something I really didnt pick up on with these figures, guess its cause I knew thats what Game of Thrones Dragons looked like. Wyverns, yes, very cool ! I specifically remember seeing such things in world of warcraft when I played, these long snake-like creatures, red, with gorgeous wings, flying around in snowy areas chasing you down, lol !! Some wyverns dont even have any legs, just wings πŸ˜‰

Thanks for the link to that thread, I find this stuff very interesting πŸ™‚

no legs would by lindwyrms and qoatlz i believe..

Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Amstaff
              Participant

I found this on Wyverns online, and its how I always pictured them:

“** In traditional European heraldry, wyverns were typically depicted as dragon-like critters with only one pair of legs instead of two (or sometimes without legs at all).”

Mind you, in World of Warcraft, Wyverns are also shown as a Lion, with bat wings and a scorpion tail, lol ! And other creatures that looked like snakes with wings were called Wind Serpents.

I think it depends on where you reference it from ? I could only find reference to lindwyrms in Final Fantasy sources, and they said it was a dragon with a worm-like body and the head of a lizard… ewwww… LOL !

Lots of very interesting things the more one keeps looking, lol !

those wyverns sound like chimera’s. lol

Amstaff
                Participant

World Of Warcraft Chimera, concept art :

LOL ! I know I know… World of Warcraft is kinda off in their critters, but they are cool nonetheless ! Kinda makes me wish I still played….. hahahaha !

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.