fbpx

GAH!!! I HATE BUYERS REMORSE

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone GAH!!! I HATE BUYERS REMORSE

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

Okay so someone bought the Peacock Spectral I had on ebay and paid me immediately, needless to say I was pleased with that. SO as a courtsey I offered to repair the paint fleck shown in the auction pictures (since I was just too lazy to before) FREE of charge as a courtsey and the buyer agreed that would be very nice of me. So I fixed it and shipped it and now she wants a refund and the dragon JUST went out this morning! WTF! This os going to be a BUNCH of fun I don’t even feel like dealing with. Now she’s saying she needs her money and expects it returned to her Paypal account by the end of the day! ARGH!

Anybody have any suggestions on how to deal with this one?

Here’s the link to the auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&item=300293411555

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

Got a busted Windstone?
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Tattoo Mother Kirin

Jennifer
        Keymaster

drag0nfeathers wrote:

Okay so someone bought the Peacock Spectral I had on ebay and paid me immediately, needless to say I was pleased with that. SO as a courtsey I offered to repair the paint fleck shown in the auction pictures (since I was just too lazy to before) FREE of charge as a courtsey and the buyer agreed that would be very nice of me. So I fixed it and shipped it and now she wants a refund and the dragon JUST went out this morning! WTF! This os going to be a BUNCH of fun I don’t even feel like dealing with. Now she’s saying she needs her money and expects it returned to her Paypal account by the end of the day! ARGH!

Anybody have any suggestions on how to deal with this one?

Here’s the link to the auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&item=300293411555

If you have proof of shipment to her ( I hope you do? Delivery Confirmation pays for itself in these situations) then the ball is in your court. You can either say ‘no, you bought it, it’s yours’ and there is little she can do. You are within your rights to refuse a refund. Or, if you really want, you can offer a return, but be very strict — don’t send a dime back until your dragon is back in your hands, safe and sounds. And don’t offer to pay to ship it back to you, either.

If she files a claim you can fight it with your proof of shipment and Paypal should rule in your favor.

In the future, and this goes to everyone: I recommend everyone that sells on eBay set up a clear return policy (there is even a place for you to set it) to protect yourselves in this situation. If you don’t want to deal with returns/refunds, make sure it says that all sales are final. That way if you get a complaint you can point out that they agreed to your terms the moment they clicked to confirm their bid.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
          My art: featherdust.com

Hmmm… that’s a tough one. If you JUST shipped the dragon, if you chose to refund her, I would personally refund the money after the dragon has been returned, though with buyers remorse, I thought that wasn’t a valid reason to back out of a sale. I could be wrong, with ebay changing their rules as to what is considered valid. Check out what is listed. If that still stands, I’d say sorry, you bought it, too bad. I certainly would not refund their money instantly tonight though if you are considering refunding. The dragon is still in the mail! I would add a note in future auctions about only serious bidders bidding (buyer’s remorse not counting). Perhaps posting your refund policy would be handy as well.

That would frustrate me too. Too bad I already own a peacock spectral.

Edit: Jennifer beat me to respond! 😛

KoishiiKitty
          Participant

that uber Sux!!!!! D: i know you are smart about your shipping though. Jen hit the nail on the head.

PurpleTurtle
            Participant

LOL, Koishii beat me to the punch 😛 , but yeah, what she said!

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

Why is everyone racing? LOL!

Yea, I have delivery confirmation. I always do. I just hate it when people need to be a pain in the behind. Demanding “I need my money back TODAY because I NEED it” kind of warrents a “Well why did you buy something if you didn’t have the money?” well, as it turns out she’s already changed her story. She just hit me back with a “I already bought another one from someone else anyway and I don’t want two” Oh really? I didn’t see any other sitting spec auctions end since yesterday. Gah! She sounds like a little brat and isn’t being reasonable at all. I think she just wants a free dragon, but I even think I’m just more irritated because I just did something totally nice for a complete stranger I didn’t have to do, and now she’s going to file a claim saying it’s not as described because I fixed it. What a jerk…

I’ll offer her a refund but I want my listing fees and my shipping costs AND my dragon back in the same condition it left me in… I’m just heated about the whole thing *snort*

Got a busted Windstone?
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Tattoo Mother Kirin

Setsunawolf
                Participant

What did he sell for?

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                  Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                  Sun Dragon Koi #3

kitsunelady
                  Participant

She could be trying to trick you though. o.o; I mean, after she gets it, and then “sends it back”, what if she doesn’t really send it back? And then says “Oh, it got lost in the mail I guess.” I’d wait until I’d gotten the dragon back to refund her. c.c Or what if she takes it out and then repacks it crappily, and it breaks? Or takes it out and replaces it with a jacked-up one she already has, and claims that’s the one you sent her?! :0 Shady!

drag0nfeathers
                    Participant

Those are all really good points! She could send me back a box of rocks!
                      He sold for $150 and it was a Buy It Now, it wasn;t as if it was an auction where she was competeing against someone.

Got a busted Windstone?
                      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                      Siphlophis Male Dragon
                      Calypso Hatching Empress
                      Tattoo Mother Kirin

Lokie
                      Participant

drag0nfeathers wrote:

now she’s going to file a claim saying it’s not as described because I fixed it. What a jerk…

She can open a dispute for that reason, but she wouldn’t be able to win a claim for that reason, right? Can’t you just forward Paypal or Ebay the emails which show the reason she’s returning is because she just wants the money or because she supposedly bought two, not because of the repair? Just curious; I’ve never had a Paypal or Ebay dispute, so I don’t know how the process works.

Also, how do negative feedbacks work in this case? If you denied her a refund, and she gave you a negative, would you be able to fight it?

This is the kind of thing that irritates me and provides the need for feedback in the first place. 😡 I know that when I place a bid or BIN on Ebay I make sure I have the funds plus extra in case I have an emergency.

Ebay purchases are FINAL! It even says so before you can confirm the bid. It stresses that you are entering a legal contract. This customer sounds like she is being something of a brat.

I would say the refund is completely up to you. As everyone else says, make sure you have the dragon in hand before you give her the refund. I guess since you had pics on the auction you have pics to prove what shape it was in before you sent it out? That way if it comes back beat up you can prove it was her packing that did it.

Good luck with this. I hope it works out.

Stephanie
                        Participant

Thats a big pile of horse….$^&*…

I hope that all ends well with this… damn!

She doesn’t have any ground on the claim that it wasn’t as described. You stated clearly in your auction that there was a flaw. Fixed or not, it was there (even if you fixed it to the point that someone may never be able to tell), you still disclosed that it was there. Whether she found another dragon or not is her problem, not yours, though with her changing her story, I would be leary of believing it.

I’m with everyone else, don’t give her a dime until you have your dragon back.

Kyrin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.