fbpx

Fuzzy question

Home Forums Miscellany Love, Fuzzy Fuzzy question

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    pipsxlch
    Participant

Do fuzzies have a mating season? My poor lonely guy has been moving about and squonking late at night. I’ve seen what I think is a fuzzy hiding out in my plants and approaching the house- that or a really big planarian. It has a short pelt though, more like felt than fur. Are there smooth coated fuzzies? Maybe a Caribbean breed that’s been moving into the area, given I’m in Florida? And should it and my Pinto find true love, does Windstone know of a fuzzy adoption center? Would smooth coat fuzzies be acceptable in a swap? I have visions of being swamped in tiny fuzzies…

*snerk*

I assume they would just as any others..
      are there any fuzzyologists that specialize in habitual fuzzy rituals on the forums?

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
      www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
      Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Ciarnet
      Participant

Any and all breeds of fuzzies are welcome in the swaps! I look forward to seeing all manner of new breeds.

Melissa
        Participant

Wild grey fuzzies establish colonies under furniture, with a distinct preference for heavy furniture where the shy creatures face less disturbance. There appears to be no distinct pupping season, but continual habituation throughout the entire year, save for a dip in population in the springtime, when they migrate. Some Phuzziologists hypothesize that the migration is caused by habitat disruption due to spring cleaning, and eviction by territorial humans. Other Phuzziologists have a more optimistic take, hypothesizing that the fuzzies migrate in response to the increased chocolate around Valentines Day and Easter. Some believe it is a combination of the two factors. But it is generally agreed that whether disrupted or not, wild grey fuzzies prosper and reproduce in impressive numbers year round.

Pipsxlch, I assume your fuzzy is a bolder domestic type and not a wild grey, but perhaps he’s trying to attract a migrating female? 😉

Kim
          Blocked

Awesome question and answer! haha. Very good to know!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Susie
            Keymaster

Fuzzies have all different kinds of pelts. Typically they feel soft, however I would not be surprised if some are not soft! There is a LOT of variation in breeds.

pipsxlch
              Participant

I was able to snap a couple pics this evening before my camera died of the fuzzy I’ve been seeing outside. It seems much more comfortable around me. IRL, it’s kind of a mottled lime green with blotches of a bright, sort of ocean-down-in-the-Keys blue with some darker blue and green. The eyes are pink. Should I let it in to meet my Pinto-fuzzy? My grab bag will be here Wednesday and will hopefully be accompanied by a fuzzy, so strictly speaking Pinto won’t be alone anymore.
                 photo P3200020_zps02fb5878.jpg
                 photo P3200021_zps095af127.jpg

Getting bolder, this plant is by my door
                 photo P3200022_zps84c49220.jpg

darjeb
                Participant

Have you asked Susie?

Susie
                  Keymaster

It would be highly unsusual for fuzzies to fight with each other – they are a peace loving species. They might playfully tussel over a crumb of food, but in the end they will share it. I think its perfectly safe to invite that wild fuzzy in – and I’m sure many people have found that wild fuzzies will come indoors if they want to – invitation or no! That is a very pretty fuzzy – a breed I have not seen before! I wonder if you will find more of them.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.