Funny Movies

Home Forums Miscellany Happy Thoughts Funny Movies

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

I would love some suggestions on funny and/or action entertaining movies to watch.I don’t really care for current tv, won’t pay high prices for special options but movies I like.Older and newer.I watch them again and again because I rarely sit still long enough not to miss stuff.Thanks
      “The Croods”animated,lots of laughs.
      “LOTR &THE HOBBIT” of course.
      “AQUAMAN”very cool,all “Avengers”
      “HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON”all are must watches.
      These are examples of what I like.Any input is appreciated 😁

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted....Stone Lap...Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Ela_Hara
      Participant

Trading Places (1983) – Eddie Murphy, Dan Aykroyd and Jamie Lee Curtis
        Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (1991) – Kevin Costner and Morgan Freeman
        Monte Python and the Holy Grail (1991) – John Cleese, Eric Idle
        Ladyhawke (1985) – Matthew Broderick, Rutger Hauer and Michelle Pfeiffer

Slyvester (1985) = If you like a good ‘Girl saves Horse’ type of movie that is also a ‘underdog wins’ type of movie, check out this movie with Melissa Gilbert and Richard Farnsworth. It’s an oldie that wasn’t too mainstream.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
        Zeppard Adult Poads
        Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
        *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Bodancia
        Participant

I’ve enjoyed watching these movies more than once: Avatar, Babe, BFG (Big Friendly Giant), Black Stallion, Enchanted, Galaxy Quest, Gravity, Harry Potter movies, Hatari, How to Train Your Dragon, Inception, Independence Day, Indiana Jones movies, King Arthur (2004 version), Last of the Mohicans, Ladyhawke, Lord of the Rings movies, Life of Pi, Last Unicorn, Man From Snowy River, Mulan, Nottinghill, Princess Bride, Pride & Prejudice, Quick & the Dead (Sam Elliott), Quigley Down Under, Secondhand Lions (LOVE this movie), Sense & Sensibility, Twister, Up, and Zulu. If you’re looking for a funny and delightful movie, I would strongly recommend: Babe, Enchanted, Galaxy Quest, and Secondhand Lions!

Always looking for a lovely GB Young Unicorns, TP Male Dragons or TP Male Griffins!

Bodine
          Participant

Hahaha,thanks😋I have about half of those y’all mentioned.
            Keep em coming😀

Ela_Hara
            Participant

Battleship was also a good ‘sleeper’ or ‘cult’ hit! I can’t tell you how many times my Hubby and I watch that when it comes on… along with these movies :

Rush Hour, Rush Hour 2, Rush Hour 3 (Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker)
              The Fifth Element (Bruce Willis, Chris Tucker, Ian Holm and Milla Jovovich)
              Bad Boys, Bad Boys 2 (Will Smith and Martin Lawrence)
              The Mummy, The Mummy Returns (Brendan Fraser, Rachel Weisz)

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
              Zeppard Adult Poads
              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Suzanne-Marie
              Participant

Have u seen Ground Hog Day??
                Bill Murray, Andue McDowell
                Or Bodine, u luv dogs like I do (and many other Forum members) ..🐶
                Best in Show is awesome.
                Will try and think of more; just got home from work…
                Hugs

Amy
                Participant

I love The Croods!!

My suggestions would be:

Funny:
                  -Despicable Me 1-3 (2 isn’t as good as the other two, but it’s still worth watching)
                  -Megamind
                  -The Master of Disguise (Don’t know if you’ve heard of Dana Carvey. He’s a standup comedian. He’s the star in the movie. Super funny)
                  -Planes Trains and Automobiles (Steve Martin & John Candy)
                  -Austin Powers (Always good for a laugh. Kind of a lot of sex jokes, but if that doesn’t bother you it’s a great time)

Do you like Will Ferrell at all? I personally love him, even though is movies can get pretty raunchy sometimes. If you like him I’d highly recommend:
                  -Talladega Nights: The Balled of Ricky Bobby
                  -Blades of Glory
                  -Elf (Yeah, it’s Christmas, but still great)
                  -Step Brothers (If the other two are PG-13 this one is definitely R for language at least. It’s still pretty good though. I highly prefer the first three listed, but most people seem to this this is one of his best)

Action/Adventure:
                  -Terminator Franchise (Except Terminator Salvation. That was awful. Forget it ever happened)
                  -Tremors Franchise (B Movie Gold/Cult Classic. One of my top three favorite movie franchises of all time. Funny and good sci-fi action. There are 6 of them now I believe. All good except 4 & 5. Forget those happened)
                  -Rocky Franchise (Skip Rocky V unless you’re a super hardcore fan. The Creeds are also worth watching as a continuation of the story)
                  -Indiana Jones Franchise
                  -Hellboy & Hellboy 2: The Golden Army

I’m sure I’m forgetting some stuff, but these are all my favorite movies. I also love anything from Studio Ghibli, but they’re not really funny or action adventure, and if you’re not into weirdly beautiful movies from Japan they probably wouldn’t be your thing. They are stunning though, so if you feel like branching out they’re a good way to go. I recommend My Neighbor Totoro, Kiki’s Delivery Service, Spirited Away, Whisper of the Heart, just to name a few.

Rylorien
                  Participant

Galaxy Quest is a definite must-see on my list of recommendations. And you cannot go wrong with the Tremors franchise! Burt Gummer gets the BEST lines! Yus! Monty Python and the Holy Grail! Rush Hour is a great mix of comedy and action. <3 Jackie Chan!

As for other movies:

Father Goose – an oldie with Cary Grant but one I find very humorous
                    Major League – probably not for everyone since it’s about a baseball team
                    Spaceballs – because Mel Brooks
                    Blazing Saddles – also because Mel Brooks
                    The Lego Movie – adorable, ‘nough said
                    Ghostbusters – original 1 & 2, and the redux (though I get annoyed at Melissa McCarthy…it’s always fat or lady part jokes…)
                    Dirty Work – nothing beats a guy being thrown out of an office building and it’s intentionally obvious that it’s a sandbag doll
                    Shawn of the Dead – Simon Pegg goodness
                    Hot Fuzz – Simon Pegg goodness x2
                    The World’s End – Simon Pegg goodness x3
                    Bruce Almighty
                    Evan Almighty
                    Excess Baggage – quirky Alicia Silverstone romcom with Benicio Del Toro, say what?

I don’t know if you want serious action or cheesy action…so here goes…

Robocop – this movie is still a top ten contender for me
                    The Fugitive
                    Alien quadrilogy – scifi yummy action
                    Stargate
                    Allan Quartermain and the Lost City of Gold – yay more 80s nostalgia! jungle adventures!
                    Demolition Man – <3 Sly Stallone and Sandra Bullock, great futuristic 90s action hero style
                    The Rock – Sean Connery & Nicholas Cage taking on defected military terrorists on Alcatraz
                    anything with Bruce Willis… Die Hard, Fifth Element, Red, Red 2, Armageddon, Sin City, et al
                    Kill Bill 1 & 2 – gory bloody, but that’s Tarantino for ya

I’m sure there is more I could list if I really thought about it. These are just what I pulled out from the top of my head after feeling compelled to reply! I tend to prefer older movies: either stuff I watched that my parents liked (my mom loves Father Goose) or stuff I watched growing up. Nowadays it’s hard for me to get into movies when they’re overdone SO MUCH–lots of greenscreen and cgi, etc. For example, I do like the Marvel movies but they almost always end up feeling overworked or ham-handed; decent plots and all, but blah! Give me practical screenplay magic!

Amy
                    Participant

Yes! I’m not the only Burt fan! I love him so much >.<

OH! Cheesy action. Please watch Judge Dredd (The Sylvester Stallone one from the 80s. Pure gold.)

Ryl, it’s too bad you and I can’t hang out in real life. We’d watch so many movies, lol.

etruscan
                      Participant

Battleship is a very strange movie. Of course, I was watching it over the back of an airplane seat with the sound off, which might have something to do with it, but still …

The MISSOURI had been mothballed for how long but the engines were still ready to go?
                        The token minority female just happened to know how to use a plotting board to calculate ranges for the guns (I think that I am remembering this correctly)?
                        The shells for the guns were still on the ship – maybe this is true – and the shells were still functional?

Plus the whole idea of making a movie from a game. But the guns are impressive.

Rylorien
                        Participant

It is a shame, Amy! So many movies! It would be fun! 😀

Bodine
                          Participant

LOL AWESOME👏

dragonmedley
                            Participant

One movie where I laughed out loud: Jumanji – Welcome to the jungle.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Bodine
                              Participant

I have both Jumanji movies.They are great.
                                I really enjoy Cloud Atlas.Not funny but very entertaining.
                                I am disappointed with how the makers of Avatar have let us down but it is one of my favorites and I watch it quite often
                                The new Aquaman is pretty good.
                                Inception is a another good one.
                                I love animated also.Whay y’all got in that genra?

Bodine
                                Participant

I had a bad night,sad day.I dreamed of my happy boy Brego all night and I woke up in tears.If you get so sad it’s so hard to smi!e ,watch “Ridiculous 6”.You just have to laugh😂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.