Frustrated Tears

Home Forums Miscellany Community Frustrated Tears

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Elena
    Participant

I don;t post here much, I mostly lurk but I need to vent…

I finished all my classes for my degree a month ago and just have a practicum left. The school was suposed to be loooking for me and I’ve been looking since I finished classes and nothing. I’ve almost lost track of how many places I’ve applied/talked to and most tell me that they don’t take practicum students until spring. ๐Ÿ™ I’ve had one interview and WTF. I’ve been in the work world for twenty years and it was the strangest interview I have even been through. I don’t think I would work there even if they had offered me a position. I am so stressed and it is not helping my anxiety. I’ve literally been physically ill and in tears over this so many times over the last month. I don;t know what I’m doing wrong. All my instructors and the practicum eople at the school assured me that I would be able to find a placement quickly with my marks and work ethic but still… I’m the only one in my class that hasn’t gotten a placement! Right now I’m so close to just giving up…. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

Skeeterdeee
      Participant

**HUGZ** Don’t give up! In my opinion, they just saved the best for last. <3 Something great will come. ๐Ÿ™‚

Misty
        Participant

If you give up you definately won’t get a placement, so hang in there! HUGS

Shotzy11
          Participant

It sometimes takes time for things to work out but a door will open soon – don’t give up your search!!

Riversgrace
            Participant

Everything happens for a reason sugar. This too shall pass and something great will come of it. Hugs!!!!

Katherine
              Participant

Don’t give up! it is so hard, and it makes you feel inadequate because you wonder why no one wants you…but keep on trying! You are not inadequate and you are very much able and awesome at what you do! *HUGS* Believe in yourself! <3

Kiya
                Participant

What field are you working in?

Falcolf
                  Participant

Don’t give up! I feel your pain, I’ve been trying to get a job in the industry I was trained for in university and I haven’t yet but most of my classmates have (and I’m just as good as they are at our job.) IF THEY CAN DO IT SO CAN WE! You can do it Foxfeather!!!! ๐Ÿ˜€ *hugs*

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Scathach
                    Participant

Don’t give up!

What’s your field of work?

Life is beautiful.

Setsunawolf
                      Participant

Any luck? My thoughts are w/ you.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                        Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                        Sun Dragon Koi #3

Heather
                        Participant

I feel your pain indeed. I graduated college over 7 years ago, and it took me about 5 years to get a job I really wanted. In the meantime I did a lot of freelance work in my field, and took other odd jobs to fill in the gaps. I remember contacting places and constantly getting rejected or not hearing anything back at all. As much as I felt like giving up, I never did. I always kept in contact with people in my field, and was constantly trying to stay on top of the changing technology in my field. It’s always good to have a few contacts in your field that you can ask questions to and get help from. I know you can do it! You have to be persistent. Hang in there and you will succeed ๐Ÿ™‚

twindragonsmum
                          Participant

Hang tough, foxfeather! This too shall pass and you’ll find the job of your dreams. In the mean time know that we are here and love you to pieces! Many hugs and prayers

twindragonsmum

tdm

Hang in there hun. I know how hard it can be – I spent months with no cash flow and no job prospects despite having top grades where I graduated.

Have you tried having other people look at your resume? Sometimes a fresh pair of eyes can give you some perspective – I know it’s what I needed back then…

Elena
                            Participant

Thank you everyone for the hugs and support. It definately helped when I was feeling down. *hugs back*

For those who asked – I’m a Legal Assistant.

And an update…
                              I recieved a call late on Thursday to go in for an interview on Friday morning and left my interview with a practicum position! Talk about relief! I start on monday morning! :bigsmile:

etruscan
                              Participant

Yay! Congratulations. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.