fbpx

French Hot Chocolate from the Grand Hotel, Paris

Home Forums Miscellany Food French Hot Chocolate from the Grand Hotel, Paris

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    twindragonsmum
    Participant

tdm

twindragonsmum
      Participant

I was lucky enough to get to take a trip to Paris with my folks back in the early 1990’s and got to stay at the Grand Hotel where we ordered hot chocolate for breakfast. Each person was brought a cup and saucer, a carafe of hot milk and a small pitcher of melted hot chocolate. In our broken french, was asked how the chocolate was prepared. The chef very kindly gave us the following verbal recipe:

Grand Hotel Hot Chocolate

1 cup heavy cream
        8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped

Heat the cream. Off the heat, blend in the chocolate. Use warm. This mix can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 10 days. Reheat to serve.

To serve: Pour some hot milk into to a cup, pour in chocolate to taste, stir to blend, add sugar to taste, if needed and enjoy. Optionally top with shipped cream. Yum! 😀

twindragonsmum

p.s. the better the quality chocolate you use, the better it tastes! (the better the quality…? does that make sense?!? 😯 )

tdm

Maria
        Participant

Makes great sense. Lindt just released some extra-fine dark baking chocolate that would make a lovely cup for a cold winter’s day. Good recipe!

dragonmedley
          Participant

Aaaaand I just finished the jar of Nutella… what, me chocolate addict? Naaaaa. :mrgreen:

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Maria
            Participant

😆

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.