fbpx

Found in a thrift store….

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Found in a thrift store….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    pdlucich
    Participant

…just in time for Halloween!  A hatching gargoyle!  I was tired (just getting over being sick) and wasn’t even sure I wanted to go there, but my Mom did so we stopped.  Oddly, he wasn’t even in with the Halloween stuff, just on the knicknack shelf with someone’s white tiger collection.  (I guess he preferred their company.)  I did tell an employee they should keep an eye out for Windstones in the future, but I didn’t give him back.

It's not hoarding if it's books!
      Cat hair -- condiment and fashion accessory!

Zelda
      Participant

What luck! I’ve never had the good fortune to snag a Windstone from a thrift store, but I did once get an old green male for a song at an estate auction, in a box with a bunch of other knick knacks nobody saw any value in. He needed just a little touch-up here and there, phew!

I do wonder how often rare things come into thrift stores. Surely some savvy employees are looking for things to snag for themselves as soon as they come in, but nobody can know about all of the potential treasures. My favorite stories on Antiques Roadshow are like that – bought it at a garage sale or found it on the side of the road, haha. Maybe someday I’ll find pirate’s gold in an old dresser drawer, hehee.

Congrats to you on the find, and what timing!

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

Angelika_Zen
        Participant

Congratulations on your find! That’s fantastic!

I often attent Antique auctions or shows, and always hope to find a windstone, or 3 in the not-so-antique section of the show….i never do. Some of the gift shops used to carry Windstones, which is how I started collecting in the 80’s-90’s.

I was in a specialty store which carried dragons and fairies, not too long ago, and asked if they carried Windstones…the young lady, sitting there on her phone, chewing bubble : uhhhh whats that (with an upward inflection in the wrong place)  I just rolled my eyes and said never mind lol!!

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

pipsxlch
          Participant

Angelica- Windstone used to have a policy where you could earn a piece by referring a retail business to them which started carrying their products. Might not hurt to go back to that store with a piece or two in hand, and ask to speak with the owner or manager.

pipsxlch
            Participant

I just scored this fellow off Craigslist for dirt cheap. I planned on reselling but he’s singing loud enough for the whole family to hear.

IMG_4340

IMG_4341

IMG_4342

He has his hangtag so he’s a pretty old one, but looks great- I don’t see chips etc. just some dust. I took pictures in indoor light/outside shade/sun trying to capture all the purple- my camera wants to turn it blue, but to the eye he is very purple. I don’t know about IVEP, but he’s comparable to the empea on the Astral Castle website.

I don’t need another male, I don’t need another male, hoping to move soon need money don’t need more stuff to pack/move…

pdlucich
              Participant

Emerald Peacock, right? Does he need a mate? I just happen to have one, hang tag and all…

It's not hoarding if it's books!
                Cat hair -- condiment and fashion accessory!

dragonmedley
                Participant

That’s the original emerald peacock, with his extra splash of purple. I have one with his mate and they’re stunning. No wonder he’s asking you to stay!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                  I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Bodine
                  Participant

Congrats Pip! That’s awesome. I have never found one anywhere here.People don’t collect here.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                    (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                    Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

pipsxlch
                    Participant

Thank you! He is a handsome one. I vaguely remember seeing the more violet early empeas in a store, though I didn’t buy myself any then. I was adhering more strictly to my ‘only-1-of’ rule then. I guess if someone approaches me about him he can go, but I’m not pursuing a sale now. He’ll have to stay single for the time being though, thanks anyhow pdlucich.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.