fbpx

Forum newbie, but not a Windstone Newbie~

Home Forums Miscellany Introductory and Welcoming Area Forum newbie, but not a Windstone Newbie~

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    KingBeast
    Participant

Hello everyone! Name’s Beast, but I’ve also gone by ‘tox’ on several sites through the years so either name works. I’m really new to the Windstone forum world, but not to forums in general – I’ve gone through several years worth of forum roleplays over my internet time so I know the general rules of thumb to getting around the different channels and topics!

I’ve been a huge fan of Windstones through the years, as a kid I started collecting dragons and now into my adult years it’s really picked back up again; especially the more quality ones like the Windstone Edition dragons. My collection is quite small, currently with only four Windstones, and two being second hand with self-done touchups at that! My absolutely favorite sentimental piece I have is a scratching Ruby dragon that my mom got me for my 16th (I think?) birthday, I’ve kept him in pristine condition and I don’t think I could ever part with him. She recently got me the violet flame mother. And I’ve purchased the white mother coiled dragon and the ancient green (I don’t even think it’s emerald, it’s that old, I’m not even sure of his exact color title) male dragon. It’s a small little collection, but it’s mine and I quite like it!

I’m really big into the arts and I’ll probably make a forum topic to show off my stuff eventually, for now though I’ll probably just link my tumblr. I do quite a bit of fantasy art, mostly centered around dragons, creature and character design!

It’s lovely to meet you all!

Absolute Godtier wishlist
      Contusion Male Dragon painted by Brandi Wise
      Bantam Kickstarter dragon #102, "Alien", red/black colors with black eyes. Clone is fine. If you get one and want to get rid of it, PLEASE message me.

Celestial Rainstorm
      Participant

Hullo there! Welcome!

Finding happiness again.

StormDancer
        Participant

Welcome to the forum. I wish you many new members to your dragon collection!

Looking for:
          "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Kim
          Blocked

Hi and welcome. Where are you from? I started out with 2 Windstone dragons, a peacock fledgling and young dragon I got at a store as a teenager and like 15 years later found more Windstones on eBay and then this website to buy from too and the rest is history as I have a big collection now. Which Windstones are you favourites and which might you like to get in the future? I’ll check out your artwork too! I love drawing and painting myself but haven’t done a lot since I was younger.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Angelika_Zen
            Participant

Welcome aboard!!

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

etruscan
              Participant

Welcome! It sounds like your male dragon is painted in the original green color (before Emerald). The official name may still be “Green”, but most people call it “Old Green”.

KingBeast
                Participant

Hello everyone! Thank you for such a kind and warm welcome!

I’m originally from the frozen tundra known to the common folk as Wisconsin and consider myself from ‘there’, but I relocated to Tennessee (A suburb of Nashville, it’s a bit of a culture shock from my small town of about 600 people) for work – I work now at a small software design / Game Development studio (nothing big, we mostly just make client mobile apps), but it’s an art industry job and I get to draw all day every day so no complaints here!

Man I have so many favorites, I have to say the really big sculptures have to be my favorites because they’re pretty out of my grasp right now with my budget, if that makes sense? The emperors and female hearth dragons are really beautiful – but honestly it’s the colors that get me. A good paint can make any of the sculpts pop! That said, right now I’m really enjoying the small coiled and curled lines. I just got a small white coiled dragon second hand and she’s just darling – I’d like one of the mother coiled dragons with the eggs because the eggs are just adorable. But like I say, give it a unique paint job and I’m really sold. I’m usually watching ebay for the ebay dragons because of the unique paintjobs.

And as far as the ‘old green’ goes, I think you’re right on the money Etruscan. He’s definitely not from the emerald line – I’m picking up a repaired old Warrior here soon and he does NOT match that scheme at all. Plus he has orange eyes and not the red of the emerald line. But I really like his age, I wish I could get his story – maybe even just his manufacture date, just to know how old he is.

Phew, these long replies are…well…long lmfao!

Absolute Godtier wishlist
                  Contusion Male Dragon painted by Brandi Wise
                  Bantam Kickstarter dragon #102, "Alien", red/black colors with black eyes. Clone is fine. If you get one and want to get rid of it, PLEASE message me.

etruscan
                  Participant

The Astral Castle website has a handy Windstone reference for the earlier regular production pieces (through 2008). It says that the Male dragon in Green was produced 1986 – 1996.

http://www.ccgs.com/00-archive/windstone/wsframe.htm

The first Windstones did not have pads. They had “Windstone Editions” or “Windstone Editions North Hollywood CA” stamped on the bottom. So, you know that your guy is really early if he has a stamp instead of a felt pad.

For example, here are two brown hatching dragons with stamps. The dragon on the right is very early.

dragon_hatching_brown_bottom_650-wide

Scathach
                    Participant

Welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy all the great things that your (probably rapidly) growing collection can bring.

Life is beautiful.

Angelika_Zen
                      Participant

Wow KingBeast, your job sounds like pure therapy!

About the color making the dragon… we talked about that!! “Do you like it for the color or the sculpt?” It was a toss up ๐Ÿ™‚ But color is how I ended up with scupts that I wouldn’t normally collect. I have to agree with you on that point!

The coiled mum is adorable. I prefer the eggs to the globes myself.

The Male dragon is my favorite sculpt, but recently acquired an Old Warrior and my first Emperor. The Emperor really has a presence!! There is something To be said about the bigger dragons, but at the end of the day, we still love love the little ones just as much!!

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Jennifer
                        Keymaster

Hello Beast/Tox! I really love your dragon artwork, and your paleo art too! I followed you on Tumblr. Thanks for joining us!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                          My art: featherdust.com

Dragonessbo
                          Participant

Hi, I have been collecting dragons for many years including multiple Windstones, but have only just discovered the community website.

Dragonessbo

Carla
                            Participant

New to forums…took me forever just to figure out how I could write something ๐Ÿ˜…

Love Dragons

etruscan
                              Participant

New to forums…took me forever just to figure out how I could write something ๐Ÿ˜…

Welcome. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.