food to curb nausea?

Home Forums Miscellany Food food to curb nausea?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Katherine
    Participant

Katherine
      Participant

I was wondering if you guys knew of any good food that helps curb morning sickness? I have had plenty of it, and I need it to go away! Argh! Thanks so much! πŸ˜€

Skigod377
        Participant

Crackers, maybe 7up?

Jennifer
          Keymaster

I don’t know about morning sickness, but generally when I am experiencing nausea, ginger works very well (I have some delicious chewy ginger candies), sometimes mint helps… and for drinking ginger ale (with some of the fizz stirred out).

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

Yes I second the Ginger comment.. they even sell ginger flavored gummy bears.. you can get them online.

Ginger and apples.
            Sorry about this, but pregnancy-related nausea is different… and it won’t necessarily go away (wince, but true). But, it is largely due to the fact that your baby is constantly taking nourishment from you, while you are not constantly eating, so eating tiny bits more frequently (at least a bite every hour) is actually best, and can help decrease the nausea. At night, you want a slow-release food (like yogurt) to tide you through the night. Really, those darn hormones keep you on edge for a few months regardless. (If you do find something that works, stock up!)

Katherine
            Participant

Yeah, I noticed that if I don’t keep at least a little bit of food in my tummy, I get nauseated, and it is usually the worst in the morning. I do have some yogert in the fridge, so I might have some! I have had ginger ale, 7up, and crackers. Hmm…mint and ginger flavored candies? That sounds good….
              πŸ˜€

you have to go to preggiepops.com, they come in lollipops and sucker candy in ginger and in the sour flavors, for some reason the sour works really well, I swore by my preggie pops before we lost the baby, they totally got rid of the nausea!!! good luck!!

Skigod377
              Participant

For the ginger… apparently you can order the stuff on line. They even have ginger flavored gummy bears for just this purpose. Hopefully you are past this stage, but if not, you may want to look into it. πŸ™‚

Purplecat
                Participant

peppermint tea at room temp for me….I never could stand 7up and crackers…ew. Try fresh foods, like fresh fruits, maybe fresh brocolli you can dip. Cooked, greasy or salty stuff would set me off every time. 😯 I had AWFUL nausea each and every time with ours. 😯 Thank goodness it passes. Let us know how you’re doing.

Heather
                  Participant

Protein. Protein is your friend. I’m subject to blood sugar crashes when stressed, and for a long time I would also have a massive crash on the first day of That Time of the Month. πŸ˜› Try nuts or peanut butter, cheese, meat jerky, yogurt, or fruit-and-milk smoothies. Remind yourself to eat small amounts frequently. When a crash comes on fast, you don’t have the “I’m hungry” warning, so make a point of nibbling–even every hour, if that’s what it takes. It doesn’t have to be just protein–you can eat other stuff too–but protein has a much slower energy release and so is a lot less likely to pick you up and then drop you (like a sugary or other high-carb snack would). Things like yogurt can be just loaded with sugar, which makes them a little unpredictable. See what works best for you. πŸ™‚

If you have a bad crash and just feel horrible, you can try a ginger candy and just hold it in your mouth. Sugar can pass through your gums into your bloodstream, without your needing to swallow. I have tried regular hard candy and even sugar water. Didn’t work very well. I usually had to crawl off to bed and sleep for a little while, then try again when I woke up. Maybe ginger would have helped: it’s supposed to be quite good for nausea.

And of course be sure to get the fresh veggies, dark green leafies (folate! Very important!) and fruit and all that good stuff too. πŸ™‚ Babies need their micronutrients just as much as they want your blood sugar. πŸ˜‰ Good luck!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.